1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DC Sorcerer?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Dheitos, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Dheitos Guest

[​IMG] Can Any1 tell me if theres anyway to dualclass a sorcerer? As far as i know, it's impossible in the game but is there some kind of cheat? Pls_let me know! Thnx

[Go read the Rules/FAQ like you were asked to when you registered. Anything remotely resembling l33t is not allowed here.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited November 26, 2001).]

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] To keep the custom from previous post like this one about cheating, I'll answer with the short truth:

No.
    Yes.
    No.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well you could download Shadowkeeper here on this site. It wont let you dualclass a sorcerers but it will let you do alot of other flashy stuff. You can cheat up your sorcerer to level 100 and give him 25 in all stats and give him all the best items in the game.
    :p

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Q: Why would you want to dual a already overpowered character like the sorcerer?

then again, a sorc with some clerical spells would be neat. ;)

but still, why cheat to make a overpowered class even more powerfull?

5. Simple enough, Faragorn, because cheaters will never stop cheating. And to answer the question, no, you can't DC a sorcerer. Yes, with "ShadowCheater" (to quote one Extremist)

6. Lord Sarevok Guest

Yeah, yeah, a DC Sorcerer so amusing. I can never find anything fun about cheating, because I know I didn't earn it. But that's just me.

7. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I get a little confused sometimes about the use of the word cheating around here. Now I've never used Shadow Keeper, or even the console (except for a bug that Extreamist helped me solve) to alter the game. But what, exactly, is wrong with experementing with different character class combinations. I've played through BG, SOA, and TOB several times now, I've been there, done that, and bought the T-shirt. I'm going to get TDD at some point....is playing TDD "cheating"? And if you've already solved the game once, WHO CARES?

I have no problems with someone altering the game, or his character, as long as they played through at least once without "cheats"....the only exception to this is Multiplayer...no one should EVER use a hacked/cheated character there.

Hell....I just might try and make a MC Archer/Sorcerer/Assassian....just for kicks!

8. Dheitos Guest

[​IMG] THANK YOU LLANDON! Thats just what I wanted to hear: I like to experiment ("Time for a little more....experiments") and don't mean to cheat and only used Shadowkeeper once for a lil bug, that was actually my stupid fault

I even don't know how to dual a character when using ShadowKeeper

9. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

Yep I agree with Llandon, just answer Dheitos's question and get off your rocking horse. You don't have to reply to the thread if you don't want to :)

Reading this thread was actually very amusing. Extremist gave his usual terse answer to a thread like this, Joacqin followed up with a sarcastic reply (I think :), made me laugh anyway) and then the next three posters felt they had to outdo each other with their indignation :D :D.
    Finally, Llandon bought some sanity to the thread.

Remember people, this is a single player game (predominately :)) Dheitos paid his money and can do whatever he likes to further his gaming pleasure. Diversity rules, shame tolerance seems to have died here. ;)

Cheers,

WittyNewt

10. Demonater351 Guest

Hey :wave:,
    Allow me be a trifle nicer in my answer to you than others. Consult the manual that came with your game. In the part dedicated to classes, there should be a list of multi-class combinations available to non-human player-characters. This list also happens to be a list for valid dual-class combinations available to human player-characters. You will notice that there are no combos involving Paladins, Monks, Sorcerors, Bards, and Barbarians. In addition, there is only one valid combo for rangers and druids. If you do not see the combo on the list, then you cannot make it without, how shall I say, "circumventing" the original capabilities of the game.

However, Shadowkeeper is a very powerful program, and if you wish to make a Sorceror/Fighter, then by all means, you payed for the game, so...But, in my opinion, if this is your first time through the game, I'd recommend playing through without cheating to see if you can do it, then twist and tweak to your heart's content the second time through. :)

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Dualclassing a sorcerer is impossible in the game, just as it is with using SK.

Joacquin is right: It is impossible to dual a sorcerer anyway, in the game or with SK. If you are really interested in such a creature you could though try out a custom kit from SP's download section, the arcane fist monk-sorcerer, doubtless awesome, but, as Faragon said, overpowered as well, worse, a combo of two overpowewrd chars.

You can find the arcane-fist kit here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors.php
    It's in the 3rd topic, just click the arcane fist and the download will start. I have never tried any of these combos myself though.

You cannot create an mc sorcerer-something with SK either for the sorcerer is a separate class and not just a mage kit like the illusionist. However, basically I can't find anything wrong in creating some custom interesting custom chars like an mc swashbuckler-mage or mc kensai-mage or halfling cavaliers ;) and archers, this can good fun and diversion and quite a challenge to play when done carefully.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited December 12, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.