1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mandatory Gaming Amenities

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by War Nerve, Jun 26, 2009.

1. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Do you have a favorite beverage, food or home ambience you like to partake in while sitting down to your favorite game? Does coffee always accommodate your monster slaying? A favorite chair that you've had since your childhood, perhaps? This post could be a bit hypothetical, but what little odds and ends "top off" the perfect day or night of gaming for you?

I always prefer having a pack of my favorite beer (substituted with coffee for mornings) closeby in a dimly lit room at a cool temp. The PC volume must be cranked up so that the in-game music and sounds can be appreciated without any other outside noise such as a blaring TV. Finally, I must have my own chair; I blew a bit of money on it, but knew it would pay off in the long run considering how often I'm at the PC.

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I have two chairs when I console game: one is a lawn chair type thing that my highschool gave me when I graduated (it has a cupholder... win), and the other is a big comfy bowl-like chair.

Other than that, nope!

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    None. I just play.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I usually sit with my dressing goen on my chair because it can get uncomfortable after a few hours and if I get cold I can just pull it round me :hmm:

I don't need it though, it's just nice in this damned cold room.

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Tea.

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I must have Mt. Dew, a comfy chair, a big screen, and background music to suit the mood (usually heavy metal)...oh, and random snacks are always a major plus! :D

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Cordial/Soft drink. And lots of it :)

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just make sure that the baby's in bed and Rob's at work so I have a few hours of peace!

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bah! Ya need to set the mood. A really good night of gaming is like a date. Dim the lights, some good food and a nice drink(i prefer fresca and grey goose, mostly goose). And no interruptions, that's the important part. Phone turned off, kids in bed and BINGO! great gaming night. Oh yeah, almost forgot, ya turn the wife off(I wish that could be possible) or just tune her out the best ya can... ya know? kinda like someone who lives next tot the train station, ya mentally mute out the drone!:D

War Nerve likes this.
  10. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I usually like the room well lighted because it'll hurt my eyes if it's too dark. But I crank up the volume, get my pepsi or bottle water, bring chips and then close the door. I open it again many hours later when I realize I work tomorrow and should have been in bed a while ago... :D

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Coffee and / or Beer. I'm sitting in my comfy chair, crank up the volume so I can hear properly and, of course, dim light.

12. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Coffee *and* beer? Doesn't it taste horrible? :lol:

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Would that be considered beer flavored coffee or coffee flavored beer? I gotta try some later, i'll let you know how it tastes. :yum:

14. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Guiness kinda has a coffe-like flavor... I think?

Worst thing ever is vodka and coffee; definitely the grossest thing I have ever drank. I was hoping the strong flavor of the coffee would overpower the alcohol, nope. Instead I ended up chugging a steaming hot, nasty concoction as we couldn't be wasting our meager alcohol supplies :p

On topic, I don't need anything when I play games, some snacks are nice, but I just go whenever without planning usually.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Sunflower seeds are a must. So is Diet Pepsi.

16. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

Interesting. The constant cracking, shelling and spitting isn't a distraction from your killing? :p

17. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Nothing specific in general. I play whenever the PC is free (sharing it with brother).

Although, in a way I guess I do prefer night time for serious gaming. The house is asleep, the PC is all mine, no distractions of any kind, little noise and no light. Technical reasons.

18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The only thing I really need is a comfortable chair (something I do not have at the moment!). At one point when I was still in Edinburgh I acquired the habit of drinking tea whenever I was playing a game that didn't require constant use of both hands (mostly RPGs, adventure games and turn-based strategy).

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Not sure what sort of dates you've been on, but a night of gaming is never like a date. A hot date with my wife beats playing a computer game any day!

20. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, most of my gaming is done on the computer, so naturally I'm sitting at the computer in the chair that I have at the desk. I do have a Wii, but that's more for Jack than myself, as it's more intuitive how to use the controls. I really don't use the Wii much - maybe a couple of hours per month.

At the computer, I rarely have a snack - I have no desire to get any gunk on my mouse or keyboard - but a drink is mandatory - usually Crystal Light Iced Tea.

I only get an entire night to devote to gaming when my wife and kid are gone for the night - something that happens on average of a couple of times per year - so I can hardly call it routine.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.