1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Vampiric sword

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Septic Yogurt, Nov 19, 2000.

1. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

dont recall this sword, i dont spoze its the only +3 bastard sword in the whole game? i dont remember the name of that one, i should prolly load one of my old games and look

3. Sir Phapylon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You mean Blackrazor ? Cause it drains 4 levels at a 15% chance... I havent found any good Bastard Swords Really...

4. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yeah I remember Sylvus mentioning it in one of the posts about the best sword.I don't think he meant blackrazor; man, he is a wizard :).I think the man who should answer the question is him.

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Someone did a post about a vamp sword that drained Hp from each sucessfull hit. It was not Adjeth the Drinker +2, the sword mentioned drained a lot more HP, about ten points per. However, the poster also did not reveal the location at the time to be somewhat greedy with his find. So wither it was real or a hoax, only he'll know for sure. Me, I vote hoax till I see the sword.

6. Mobeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Not confirmed, so take with two grains of salt, but I've seen reference (don't remember just where) to a sword named "Vampire's Revenge" that is supposed to heal the target and hurt to user. Not sure if that's only damage or includes level drain.

Also saw mentioned an "Unholy Reaver". No specs, but supposed to only usabe by 'anti-paladins'. Guess its the bad guy answer to corsymer.

:D

7. Beorn Gems: 5/31

Veteran

Actually, it's called The Soulreaver and only evil characters can use it. It's a 2-handed +4, I forget where you find it. It's a bad-ass, but probably not what he's referring to. My guess is that the Blackrazor is the vampiric sword in question.

Is is just me, or were the names of both these swords used in the original Diablo?

8. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

The diablo makers musta stole it from ad&D because these are weapons from the books... long time ago...

Anyway anyone know what the name of the +3 bastard sword you get? i spoze i could look, but i know someone knows.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The +3 bastard sword I have is called the Blade of Searing... Is there another one?

10. beldax Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi All
    The Soul Reaver sword is one of your przes after beating the Death Knights.

Stats: THACO +4 DAMAGE 1D10*4. Each hit makes target receive 2 point cumalative penalty to THACO, duration 20 rounds. Not useable by good characters.

11. Sol'torg Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Note to those who want to use Bastard swords:

DON'T... the best of them isn't any good!
    ( +3 sword with 2 extra fire damage ) That's it!

I'd stick with Two-Handed/ Longswords.
    ( Carsomyr, Black Razor, Silver Sword, Soul Reaver, Lilacor, War Blade, Equilizer, Daystar,etc...)

12. Adien Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I think it is referring to the vampire's revenge in BG1. It drained health form the weilder and healed the target. you could only get it from one ghost in the ulcaster ruins if you had a pair of items you normaly would not have. It has been said the if you bring it and the +2 long sword from bg1 it will upgrade or create a 'sword' that kills anything instantly. refer to the Ultimate weapon post

13. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

There is a sword called the Unholy Reaver, I remember coming across it in chapter 6 when you get ambushed by the Githyanki. I found it on one of their corpses but was unable to use it since my entire party was good, so I can't say exactly what it's abilities are. This is not to be confused with the Soul Reaver which you get, if memory serves, in the Kua-Toa (sp?) lair in the Underdark.

[This message has been edited by JohnnyRTFM (edited August 16, 2001).]

14. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31

That Sword of Chaos from the genie in Irenicus's Dungeon drained 1 hp per hit. I think that is pathetic somewhat though.

15. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

I thought Black Razor is/was a Long Sword....not a Bastard Sword

16. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Right you are.

17. Thorr Gems: 5/31

The Vampire's revenge is a custom sword in BG2, I found it somewhere on the web. It heal the wielder with the same amount of damage he inflict. IIRC it is a +4 long sword, but the ability of life drain is too powerfull and unbalanced.
    AFAIK there are 2 or 3 "vampiric" swords in the game, like Sw of Chaos +2, but they drain 1 or 2 HP per hit.

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, Adien is right here. "The Vampire's Revenge" is a prank sword from the original BG. (I think only with TOSC installed.)
    Good for a laugh, but that's about it.

SW1H19 - The Vampire's Revenge (cursed)

It would seem that the very speculation of this weapon's existence has conspired to pull it from the realm of fantasy and into the everyday, though, as with all things that come from dreams, it is not as it truly seems. The blade is indeed vampiric, as the name would suggest; though not in the manner the finder might have hoped. It is rumored that the blade, instead of performing as one might think a vampiric blade would, was actually constructed by vampires as a trap for those that could eventually oppose them. These incredibly clever fiends have apparently fashioned numerous versions of these unfortunate blades over time, and they are the bane of all right-thinking adventurers. Each swing actually inflicts damage upon the wielder, as his life energies are drained in order to heal his intended victim. Were this not enough, the weapon is cursed so as to prevent it's removal, and the user is smitten with a wasting of the mind, that he might not even think of trying to rid himself of it. This may be among the few magical treasures that are simply not worth the trouble of seeking, and one might better spend ones time having a lovely beverage, rather than gallivanting about the wilderness with a pack full of rubbish chasing phantoms.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D8 +1
    THACO: +1 bonus
    Special: Inflicts damage upon the wielder and heals the target.
    Special: Affects intelligence in a negative manner...I think...duhhhhhh
    Damage type: slashing
    Weight: 4
    Speed Factor: 4
    Proficiency Type: Large Sword
    Type: 1-handed
    Requires: 6 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    The Lucky Ones
    Druid
    Cleric
    Mage

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.