1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anybody routinely playing 2 RPGs simultaniously?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by SlickRCBD, Jun 25, 2009.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Recently my mother has been having health problems and I've moved back in with her from my apartment as for a couple weeks after she got out of the hospital she was on medication that restricted her from driving. The lease on my apartment was up, and I wasn't sure how long she wouldn't be able to drive. Turned out to be 3.5 weeks. I was regretting the decision until last Friday when she was again hospitalized over the weekend.

Anyways, she worked for a school that had just upgraded their accounting & sick day system and the interface to get access it now required a newer version of Internet Explorer and will NOT work with Firefox. Consequently she's been poaching time on my new computer instead of her own obsolete one. (I'm actually considering upgrading her system to Windows XP so she can use her own comptuer to access the site if I can find somebody with an old copy of XP home for a dead computer and a product key to spare)

As a result I've been unable to play the "new" games like Neverwinter Nights (yes, it's been THAT long since I've upgraded my hardware) as much as I'd like. I still have my old computers and hers, and have found myself with a game of Baldur's Gate II and a game of Neverwinter Nights both in progress on different computers.

Does anybody else find themselves routinely starting multiple games at the same time, while eventually finishing both of them? I'm wondering how common that is among gamers.

2. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    It happens to me sometimes - but I usually try to focus on just one (new) game at a time.

I do have BG1 and BG2 parties in progress all over the place, seemingly *always*. I play those slow, when I need to shut my brain down. Some have been dormant for weeks, even months though. Most BG2 ones get to ToB, but then I get extremely bored.

IE games are on my laptop, all the others on my brother's PC. So, yes, in a way, but not routinely.

3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Fallout 3, Drakensang, Sacred2 and kings bounty. All in different sages of completion. NWN2 is also on my hard drive but I have not touched that since MotB, and still have to finish the OC. I did finish Motb and Fallout 3 a few days ago. Drakensang still in the second Hesinde quest, and Sazcred2 in the dryad forest.

I almost forgot Fear and Stalker.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I regularly play more than one game at a time. Sometimes you feel like gaming and not neccessarily for the same game. It's just how things are :)

5. diagnull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yup, same here. I used to focus on one game at a time but NWN broke me of that habit. I wound up playing about 10 different mods at the same time, bouncing back and forth depending on my mood.

Currently, I'm playing NWN1 (about 8 mods), NWN2 (just starting up a couple), Sacred Gold, and XIII.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    King's Bounty? The old Apple II game? I've still got a copy of that for my Apple IIGS. Haven't played it in over 10 years. I never could collect the center map piece, I always had to recover the scepter without bagging all the villains.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.