1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game would you Un-play?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by diagnull, May 15, 2009.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That applies to many things I've done....

2. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Now that was funny.

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Whaaat?! Beer pong may be way unsanitary, but it is the best drinking game around. That and a competitive flip cup game (with certain house rules). Great for meeting people and giving you something to do while intoxicating yourself.

As far as this threads intention goes :D I would un-play Neverwinter Nights because I believed it was a terrible game and Final Fantasy XII, because it is such a disapointment. For replay value Planescape: Torment (I kinda used a guide at some points which sort of spoiled it), the Baldur's Gats, and Final Fantasys VI, VII, & X.

4. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

God, isn't that the truth! You look back now & scratch your head thinking"how the hell did i live thru that?!?" :jawdrop:

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...which reminds me -- Two rednecks were standing next to each other at the gate of heaven talking when one of them suddenly exclaims in amazement "No kidding?!? 'Hey y'all, watch this' were my last words too!"

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Stick to the topic please...

7. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Totally agree with Dungoen Siege 1&2, what a waste of time and money and I could even say that divine divinity was better even though it had Diablo written all over it. Who says you can't have good old hack n slash with a bit of brain power behind it? I've probably spent too much on these types of games if its a RPG you have to play it all the way through in hopes of somthing rewarding from the game but it rarely happens...

8. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Let's see:

Final Fantasy X - Cliched characters, lack-luster voice work, and most important of all, an uninteresting story.

Red Alert 3 - Honestly, EA took a huge step backward with this game vis-a-vis game play elements. Honestly, Tiberium Wars was much better.

Doom 3 - This was the game that began my disillusionment with the gaming industry as a whole; a disillusionment that has continued to grow over the years until it has evolved into outright contempt and disgust.

9. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I find all games, regardless of how stupid they are, to be worth playing. The reality is we play games to keep us occupied when life is hetic or to distract us from the hectic lives we live.

As for NFS:HP2, I have that game for my PC and it works great with a controller. I beat it a few times now and when I grow bored of playing a RPG on the PC I put in my NFS:HP2 game and go to town beating up the compeition.

10. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    While I did not believe Doom 3 was that terrible, I have regularly wondered about John Romero saying that Doom 3 was what he had always imagined the original Doom to be. I mean, if that's what he'd intended, then what the hell was he thinking when he released Doom? It is almost the complete opposite of what Doom 3 is. An unbridled fragfest vs. a horror shooter. A repetitive horror shooter.

The thing that turned me off (an understatement - "The thing that pissed me off to no end" would be more accurate) in just those few minutes of playing it, was the fact that I had a really slow car and that I just could not get rid of the cops, who'd try to run me off the road all the f***ing time. Spinning them around got them off my back for only a few seconds, where, in previous NFS installments, it was a sure fire way to get rid of them.

I do play some NFS: MW from time to time nowadays. Get some police attention and then rampage around the town. I always start wishing that I could get Carmageddon 2 to work under XP whenever I play a racing game, though. At least in that game you can go on a real rampage and wreck your opponent's car completely (while stylishly running over some peds, of course).

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

NFS:HP2 is my favorite racing game :) Love it, haha, I would never unplay it.

I would unplay Terminator Salvation though. Waste of the 3 hours I spent on it.

12. Atreides Gems: 7/31

Doom 3 wasn't a terrible game as it was just, well, meh... I thought that the game would be this creepy and atmospheric game with some occasional run and gun moments. What I had been hoping for was something that would transfer the creepy, and in many instances, out-right freakyness, of Event Horizon into a computer game.

I realize that Doom 3 was supposed to be an action game at its heart, but I was really expecting something a lot more intelligently designed and not just another generic action game.

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'll say RA3 and C&C3 were complete wastes of time and money. Talk about being simplified for the masses...The series when down hill the moment Westwood joined EA.

14. Atreides Gems: 7/31

Tiberium Wars was playable, and enjoyable, provided that you understand that it's a game about blowing stuff up. For a more serious strategy game, I play Dawn of War II.

Red Alert 3, on the other hand, was crap and I regret plunking down the cash for it.

15. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If I could 'un-play' a game do it for the first time all over it would be planescape: torment.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.