1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Mass Effect Series' started by Erod, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

[​IMG] Bioware released today a Mass Effect 2 teaser.

Seems like a good start for the new game. I just hope that they will do something about the boring planet exploration that the first game had, and that this one will come to the PC as fast as the first one.

---

PC and Xbox 360 confirmed
    Q1 2010

GTTV interview

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Looks good, hope it's not too long until the release. Is there any other info anywhere?

3. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

The release date should be in about a year.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Here are some thing I demand from the designers of ME2:
    • I want more than 3-4 basic floor plans!
    • I want more NPCs to choose from! Why wasn't I able to have a Salarian in my party?!?
    • I want the PC version released the same date as the Xbox version!
    • I don't mind having a multi-DVD installation! (I read somewhere that was the reason so much was left out of ME1)
    • Even though ME1's graphics were pretty good, I want *better* graphics! That's the reason I play more PC games than Xbox games! I want the "maximum" detail level to push 2 GeForce GTX 295s in SLI to their limit! :borg: I'm not running that setup, but if a good enough game comes along that requires an upgrade to take full advantage of, I'd do it. It keeps the industry and innovation going!
    • Playing through for a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time with the same character shouldn't be just like paying through your first time, just harder...there should be new dialogs, decisions should carry over from your previous run-through, and romances should continue where they left off...stuff like that.
    • Since the release date is in a year or so, why not offer a multi-DVD *and* a single Blu-Ray disk option at the store? The industry is going to have to switch over to BD sooner or later; a year from now would be a good time.
    • Upgrade the Normandy *and* the Mako...
    That's all I've got.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I second most, but what I want is a solid release date. Don't mention it until it is as good as done. Not the **** we have whit Dragon age.

When you are busy whit some games at the same time, corners get cut.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Disagree on account of realism. Achievements that carry over already push the line.

7. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

It has been confirmed that the game will be released for the Xbox 360 and PC. It is probably going to be released at the same time for both platforms, as is happening with Dragon Age now. There are some rumours about a PS3 release as well, which are not that far-fetched, since the game uses the Unreal 3.0 engine, which also supports the PS3.

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Which one will be released first? Dragon Age or Mass Effect2?:rolleyes:

9. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

Probably Mass Effect 3 :D.

In other news, GTTV recently interviewed the project director of Mass Effect 2; videos here. Quite interesting, apparently they will reveal more about the game at E3 this year (what a surprise...).

Also it looks like I have to go through another run of the original to get proper save games for the sequel, I was not entirely happy with some choices previously. Maybe when the new DLC content will be released.

10. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

There is a new Prelude to E3 teaser at the official site. It is worth a look.

11. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I've never played the first Mass Effect, but this one has me a little intrigued. Could be worth a spin.

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Mass Effect is nice. Really nice.

Mass Effect 2 looks promising.

13. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

I bought a new PC a couple of months ago and finally got to play Mass Effect. It's well worth it. I love it.
    Looking forward to ME2 now.

14. Merlanni

Media:
    The releasedate is close. It is this month for North America, I believe 26 Jan. Most lilely for Europe too. (Steam has it in Europe ready for pre order.)

15. Ragusa

Media:
    I pre-ordered. Projected delivery date is February 1 or 2, because I get it shipped from Britain (cheaper there than in Germany, and no risk of getting a German version with crappy translations).

16. Merlanni

Media:
    Pre loading it from steam now. Just a few hours until unlock.

PS: A day off from work to play. See if it makes my quad core and 4870 sweat.

17. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I ordered it from Amazon.uk yesterday. According to their e-mail, I will get it in the mail on February 3rd. Looking forward to it greatly. I heard something about ME2 being abit dumbed down, from the first one though. i hope its not the case.

18. Ragusa

Media:
    I expect my copy February 1st or 2nd. But I may be lucky. It was reported dispatched yesterday.

/crosses fingers

19. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

I am also waiting for my copy to arrive. Hopefully it will be early next week as well.

20. Ragusa

Media:
    My copy just arrived! Which is very fortunate: I'm still sick-lich and will be at home anyway, so I'll be able spend the weekend playing ME2.

---------- Added 11 hours, 33 minutes and 31 seconds later... ----------

I had to quickly finish ME1 to be able to import my character into ME2 (that was necessary because I lost all my other double run saves in my last big HDD crash). I am laying ME2 now and it takes me some time to get used to the changed to controls. I certainly like the atmosphere and the look of the game. I am unsure why they found it necessary to change the user interface to that extent. I am on my first mission now, Freedom's Progress, and it's nice, really nice.

Quality wise, I encountered some loose dialogues which allowed weird loops. It's hard to describe nut not as it is supposed to be, for instance dialogue options in the rotary menu change their location during the conversation. This appears rushed to me. Anyway, off I go to play on.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.