1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do I turn gold, bronze and silver dragons human?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by verajak, Jul 9, 2000.

1. verajak Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Ok i'v figured that out... my zip wouldnt open...now how do i get the dragons to change human? when i click special abilities then i click th human figure then baldur's gate closes??? I need help... reply asap please

2. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

I have exactly the same problem. Does anyone have the answer?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Holy thread necromancy... I believe this may be the oldest one brought back yet. :D But amazingly, quite rightly so, as it's never received an answer.

First of all, have you read the readme? Do you have TotSC installed? Have you used GateKeeper, which could corrupt the character? Do you have any other mods installed?

4. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

After installation of dragons, I installed Tutu.
    Could that be the problem?
    I have read the readme though it isn't called that it's dragons.txt
    All the files are in the right place as far as I know.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tutu could be a problem if it's overwritten any of the mod's files... though at the time of the original post's creation, Tutu didn't exist. You haven't answered if you've got TotSC installed and if you've used any game editors.

6. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

Sorry. I do have TotSC installed and have not used either Gatekeeper or Shadowkeeper. I will check the BG2 Weidu log to see if that has any mods that could have affected the installation.
    Just checked. Mods in BG2 are:
    BG2 tweaks and Lost items have been installed in the BG2 directory

7. Taluntain

Media:
    Have you patched TotSC or have a prepatched version of the game? This mod is so old that it might predate the official patch which could potentially cause problems... though installing it after patching TotSC should still work.

8. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

It was installed over the patched game.
    I have had an idea. Would I be able to use Shadowkeeper to put the correct spell in the innate abilities slot, and if I did, would that cause problems with the Bhallspawn abilities?
    If that is a solution, what spell would it be?

9. Taluntain

Media:
    I'm not really sure... given that the mod's author mentions that using GateKeeper (and by extension Shadowkeeper) messes up the characters, I don't know if that'd work. Can't help you here I'm afraid, hopefully someone else can provide some insight.

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I seem to remember Near Infinity could edit modded games, where Gatekeeper and Shadowkeeper would mess them up, without damaging them. I've certainly used it with some BG2 mods that were Shadowkeeper-unfriendly and didn't have a problem. I'm not sure how well it'll work with BG1 and I can't guarantee it won't damage your save game, but if you backup before editing you could test and see if it works. Unfortunately I can't help you more, as I don't even know if what you suggested will solve your problem.

11. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

Thanks for your suggestions.
    I don't have Near Infinity and am wondering how easy it is to use compared with Shadowkeeper for example.

12. Taluntain

Media:
  13. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

This part of my questions hasn't been answered.
    If somebody answers it I'll leave you alone (At least until I have another problem). :D

14. Taluntain

Media:
    I would but I don't know unfortunately, I'm not ignoring you. :p

15. Grimwald Gems: 1/31

OK. I'll leave you alone anyway then. Thanks for the help. If I discover the answer myself, I'll post the answer here in case somebody else has the same problem.
    Perhaps though, there aren't that many people installing such old mods.
    Perhaps the only reason I am is that I'm so old that thy've given me a free bus pass!! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.