1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game are you playing right now? #2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Magister, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Lets see... I've been playing:

Fallout 3 modded to within an inch of it's original form
    Killing Floor (:))
    Team Fortress 2
    The legend of Zelda, Majora's Mask (I don't care how dated it is, it's an awesome game)

And I've been trying to have another play through of Mass Effect (if nothing else because I deleted my old save file and will need it for Mass Effect 2). I am honestly having to force myself to play it, which is NEVER a good thing with games :(

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Children of the Nile, probably what influenced me to start collecting Tomb Kings in Warhammer :lol: need more egyptian themed games methinks!

3. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I've been playing The Babylon Project, a standalone total conversion for Freespace 2 that, y'know, brings in all sorts of stuff from the Babylon 5 show. It's great.

And since it's standalone, you don't need FS2 to play it. Just go download TPB. Yes, for free, of course.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Just seen the GOG promo of 25% of strategy games this week and hot damn I'm getting me some Sacrifice!

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Started Mass Effect again. I was really getting into it until I had to use the Mako.

6. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Hey, what a coincidence. I've been playing Mass Effect too. While the Mako/exploration parts of the game are terrible, the cutscenes unskippable and the AI more than a ittle stupid, the style, originality and wonderful story more than makes up for it. A real space opera!

7. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

I am playing Mass Effect too, or did, since I stopped near the end to wait for the second DLC before finishing it.

Began a new run with Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. The unofficial patch finally fixed the memory detection bugs and the game now works flawlessly on 64-bit Vista. *wohoo*

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I reinstalled NWN Diamond and decided to try some modules (I never got around to that when I played the game years ago). I'm currently going through Kingmaker and it's quite good, I think I'm enjoying it more than the 3 official campaigns. I'm also constantly reminded why I disliked NWN so much - the combat system is driving me nuts. I made the mistake (again!) of going with a sorceror when it's clear a warrior type would have made the game much easier.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Aargh, the final fight on Mount Drakensang is driving me nuts!

First you have to approach the site, where enemies re-spawn when you don't move ahead swift enough - which you won't do when half your party is dead. Going back won't help because then all the enemies you encountered along your way will be re-spawned, adding to your troubles. Because they re-spawn the party doesn't leave combat mode, which in return means that you can't revive your dead party members which in return means ... I entered the final fight with half my party.

Killed the main enemy but was then eventually defeated by the last two of his minions. Not too bad for just half a party, but annoying for sure.

10. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Finished Mass Effect - I must have scoured my way across the whole game world trying to finish every quest (gained the power gamer achievement :D ). I might go through it again soon using the renegade options (I went paragon but my natural urge to be a dick was starting to show) but I think I'm going to play a bit of Rome: TW first.

11. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

BG2 with mods... for some reason i always quit whatever i'm playing and restart a BG2 game... long live the Infinity engine! I hope it's still around for my kids when they are old enough to play...

12. Grimwald Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm playing BG1 with mods. For some reason I just have to keep going back to it, even more than to BG2.

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The NWN premium module Pirates of the Sword Coast. It's good fun and has some very entertaining bits, especially the survivor sequence after the shipwreck and the treasure hunts. Polly is also one of the most entertaining NPCs that I've seen, his comments had me frequently laugh out loud. The mod seems overall much more polished than Kingmaker, although it's a bit too linear in places. Good value all in all.

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Baldurs' Gate 2, to test a mod :wave:

Also started a Knights of the Old Republic game, still playing Sacrifice, still playing Perfect World International now and again - a free to play MMO.

15. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Finally finished the Americas campaign of M2:TW Kingdoms, which I started more than half a year ago. Next up is the Britannia campaign, and it looks like they're doing things a bit different in this campaign than in the original M2:TW campaign.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I've heard some things about that one. Don't a lot of people play it because of that class with cat ears? :heh:

Anyway I'm almost finished with inFamous and so far it's been a very fun game, with an almost comic book style storyline (which may or may not be a good thing depending on your point of view)

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Finished Indigo Prophecy. Pretty entertaining with interesting gameplay.

The idea that in the conversations you only have a short amount of time to decide what conversation item to choose was interesting, but since each item used only a single word to convey what the topic was, sometimes it's not clear what it is really about.

The one thing I didn't really like in the gameplay was the two-handed double Simon color wheel mini-game deal. The reflex and coordination action of the mini-games was fine, but in many instances of the mini-game, the action you're controlling by playing is happening at the same time, so you can't really pay attention to the game and the action scene at the same time. It might have been better to put the game sequence up first and then play out the action scene based on how well you did after.

One really silly thing was the romance between Carla and Lucas at the end. I mean they didn't even know each other and had barely met, yet suddenly they're in love? WTF?

18. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, in a game that plays like an interactive movie, the game couldn't really have been called complete without the standard Hollywood love subplot, now could it?

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh. Well, there were love subplots between Lucas and his ex Tiffany and between Tyler and his wife Sam. This one between Lucas and Carla was silly and made no sense.

20. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm full-on addicted to Fallout 3. I haven't had this much fun in a game in a long time. Immersive, challenging, funny, beautifully designed...I can't believe I waited this long to play it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.