1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

mod: Vault v5 - help needed

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by merlac, May 27, 2009.

1. merlac Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm seriously stuck in this mod and more problematically, it prevents me from continuing the normal game.

When Duke Eltan sent me to Candlekeep and gave me the Nether Scrolls they got stolen. I followed the thief to the Friendly Arm Inn and Nashkel after that. There I killed him and found the note mentioning his contact, so I met with the contact and killed him. After that I figured out my next destination would be the Nashkel mines and after fighting my way through the first 2 levels of the mine nothing happens now. The third level is full of non-removable traps but no enemies, the forth level and Mulaheys chamber are completely empty!! Can anyone clue me in as to what I've done wrong or where I should go next? I really to finish this quest because I need those nether scrolls to finish the game.

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Oh bless you, believe it or now I just had the same problem yesterday! I have a mega BG1 mod installation, namely with Dark Horizons, Drizzt Saga, DSoTSC, and Vault and few others as well. The game has been a blast, facing demons from hell with Drizzt (acting as a side kick and helper and running for my life!) the toughest but rewarding battles of DSoTSC is ever fun, I love the high level spells (masterfully implemented!) and Dark Horizons is cool and challenging too!

Now, I killed all the drows in the first two levels of Nashkel Mines as well, and the third level is empty. There are non-removable annoying traps too, but no enemies, none, I checked via detect evil spells and no. I am stucked too!

Looking at the CRE files via Sword Coast Keeper, I see there is a big bad drow priestess we are supposed to take on (she has the nether scrolls in her inventory!) but she is nowhere to be found! Also there are two tough demons. Drow priestess is jc_drw06, I clua consoled her into game and she gives her evil speech.

Now this method works, you can kill the damn priestess and take the scroll and head back to Candlekeep BUT this way you can't learn the mod's plot and have its fun. So this is going to be used as a very last ressort. I went back to Ulgoth's Beard and did Balduran Isle and Durlag Tower quests in the mean time. Now I need to be back to my course but the game is stucked as it seems.

Anyone with a clue, or help is appreciated I dont like getting stucked either and might use the CLUA code to get on with my game. :(

3. merlac Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I guess that's what happens when playing a mod that's over 4 years old and which homepage last announcement dates back 3 years. Its forum appears quite dead too, so no help from there. I finally CLUAConsoled the nether scrolls, because I ran out of other stuff to do with the game and wanted to continue with the main storyline.

You did help me out though, I had no idea you could use sword coast keeper to examine mod files. I thought it was just a savegame editor. That'll prove a big help in the future, thanks!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.