1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mod list- compatibility and install order

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by dorian grey, May 22, 2009.

1. dorian grey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey, I've got a list of mods for a play through of the series from BG1 with TotSC, BG2 SoA and ToB. Out of these mods and fix packs is there anything crucial I am missing or that you would recommend/get rid of? Also what would be the best install order?

Easy Tutu/ Baldur's Gate Trilogy (which one is best?)
    Beyong the Law
    The Longer Road
    Rogue Rebalancing
    Divine Remix
    Sword Coast stratagems II
    Unfinished Business
    Quest Pack
    One Pixel Productions
    G3 Fixpack
    G3 Tweak Pack
    Banter Packs
    NPC Interaction Expansion Project
    Ascension

Thanks a lot :)

2. Boy at a busstop Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I prefer to use Easy TuTu. While both are good, tutu doesn't add anything to BG1 except changing for the new engine. BGT changes a couple of things and allows you to play one big continuous playthrough.

As for install order, I don't recall but I think you don't have to install the G3 Fixpack if you use TuTu. I'd say check out the readme first.

Rogue Rebalancing has a nice compatability list on its forum. It also shows you a good install order, might be worth checking out. Generally its:
    Full install
    Patch
    Fixpack/baldurdash
    Quest mods
    npc mods
    item mods
    tweaks

At least, that's the order I use.

Good luck!

3. dorian grey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks a lot, I'm pretty sure I've sorted everything for the BG1 part (went with Tutu in the end). I'm not sure on the BG2 front though, here's my revised mod list:

G3 Fix pack
    One Pixel productions
    Ascension
    Assassinations
    Banter pack
    G3 Tweak pack
    Divine Remix
    Longer Road
    NPC Interactiond expansion project
    Quest Pack
    Rogue Rebalancing
    Sword Coast Stratagems II
    Tower of Deception
    Unfinished Business
    Wheels of Prophecy

Are there any mods in there you would say are incompatible/redundent or just not worth installing? Still not sure on installation order either :/

Thanks again :)

---------- Added 5 hours, 26 minutes and 41 seconds later... ----------

I've sorted it all out now! :D I can't wait till my exams finish and I can get back to The Gate!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.