1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nasty Trap

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by BlueShoe, May 14, 2009.

1. BlueShoe Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey all I am a new member of the boards, old player to BG, but new to the boards. I have a issue I was hoping somone could help me with. I have played with the exspantion quite a few times and never had this problem. In in Durlags Castle second lower level south of the big room behind the 4 statues there is a set of really nasty traps that seem to reset themselves. The first trap is a fire ball lighting trap and little Imoen cant disarm it with a 70% and I cant get around it.....any ideas?

---------- Added 0 hours, 15 minutes and 30 seconds later... ----------

I am sorry for posting a second one, but I forgot to mention...no matter how many times I load the game there is a trap taht goes off that cant be detected ...a fire ball trap...same location right as Imoen enters to disarm the first one ....please help

2. senex Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The bad news: these traps can't be disabled
    The good news: you don't have to. Just avoid that area and use the hallways in the NW and SE of the big central room, they will give you access to all the other rooms of that level.
    Btw. Imoen's 70% in Find/Disable Traps is a bit low for Durlag's, better keep a few potions of Master Thievery ready- and watch out for those dead bodies on the floor, they do have a meaning:)

Jack Funk likes this.
  3. Boy at a busstop Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Try casting some protection from X spells on your characters. Protection from Fire coupled with a fire resist ring lets anyone avoid those nasty fireballs.

There's a lot of areas in Durlag's Keep where you need only one or two characters to proceed, so you don't always have to get everyone past the traps.

Oh, good luck with the endfight!

4. BlueShoe Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

thanks....new prob though

Thank you I got around it..............I am now running into a second problem though.....I didnt have any problems last time I played this game.....3rd level with the little circular thingie with doors....south eastern door where you find the ward stones.......I got the first door open and got all three ward stones and the secret door that is on the other side of the wall ( not the one that tales you to the carpet room with the switches) but the door that takes you through the rest of that level will -not- open for me....I hope I am not being a pain with all these questions. I tried differnt walk throughs to see if it told me somthing and for the life of me I cant recall how I got through last time! And yes I did wack the dummie too!

---------- Added 4 hours, 25 minutes and 37 seconds later... ----------

I feel like a dork. I figured out what I was doing wrong, my appologies for all this .....thank you for all the help

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  5. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It's a super trap that forces you to take another route.
    The animation seems to suggest the floor gives way and you fall to your death.
    No way to disarm that...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.