1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Grove Screenshot via Wildfire

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sylvus Moonbow, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

ok so getting there can be done.... how?

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Good question. Waiting his second reply with, hopefully, screen shots of within The Grove and details of how he got there and what he's done during the course of his adventure.

Either that or this is one mean joke ;)

Syl...

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

*update* 12-13-00

I'm still waiting for the screen captures of the area INSIDE of The Grove. Unless I see them and get to post them live for everyone, don't kill too much time looking for it or figuring out how to.

I spent about 30 minutes searching all the other message boards out there that deal with BG2 and have BG2 posters on a daily basis to see if I could find a similar topic. I found nothing on large global searches nor anything within each message that generated a hit of "grove". Although I don't want to say it's a fake straight up without getting a second reply (asking for screen shots inside of this new, strange area) I find it hard to believe out of all the thousands of people playing this, no one has mentioned it on any other message board except for 1 person.

Hopefully it's legit!

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited December 13, 2000).]

5. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I can't help but notice that not only are the names of the two other forrest areas missing, but the pic of the grove location is exactly the same as the one to the left of Tethir.

I think I smell a rat.

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Well, if I don't receive any screen shots of the area inside The Grove, it will be announced as such. Certainly going back to the area and taking a few screen shots of these statued faces in the middle of a forest is possible.

Syl...

7. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

This smell shit.

1st: It's missing one of the 3 forest (near Tethir).
    2- The icon for "The Grove" is exactly the same as "Forest of Tethir"
    3- There is also a third copy of this icon just west of Tethir. And there is no name for this location.

4- The icon represent a location that it suppose to be in a forest. But "The Grove" is located in the mountains.

THIS WHOLE THING IS BULLSHIT. Hang this bastard.

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

UPDATE!

Here it is guys. Another VALID screenshot. Now inside of this new area.

Now there have been replies about a cut and paste job on the world map, but here is an area I've never seen before in my travels.
    www.iprimus.ca/~elarc/thegrove.htm
    Just scroll down to the 2nd image to view the new one.

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited December 13, 2000).]

9. Wingfoot Guest

1st off, all the forest areas look pretty much the same there Wassup. that looks to be legit to me. that is an area that i have never been to. and for all those who are want to know it is area 0086. now how the hell you get there is another story.

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] All i was trying to do was get back up to Athkatla. I think i either left northwards or eastwards out of the forest of tethir.

11. Beorn Gems: 5/31

Veteran

Might this have anything to do with having Haer'Dalis in your party? That could explain why no one else has been seen this area. It's very likely that you're the only person IN THE WORLD who took the bard through the underdark.

12. Jayshaw91 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Man, talk about interesting! Maybe there is a use for that skumbag HaerDalis after all! Hmmm...

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] BTW, i actually didn't take him through the underdark. I picked him up after - Nalia was just getting SO annoying

14. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Interesting, I missed that area alltogether during my escapades. Well perhaps I'll install BG2 again and load one of my underdark save games just to see...

Haer'Dalis... yeeesh. Nalia couldn't be THAT annoying. NOONE is THAT annoying, or annoying enough to actually CHOOSE Haer'Dalis as a party member. Oh well, let us know if you 'happenchance' upon any exciting dialouge with him in your party.

15. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Minsc is annoying.

It's actually getting to the point where he's gotten just as annoying, if not more than he was in BG1. If anyone wanted an update, I killed him in BG1 because he was so annoying.

My only problem now is he's been built to stand up to many foul beasts alongside of Grub and killing him would only make the party so much weaker.

If only there was a mute button on him.

Syl...

16. Mobeus Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Cast 'silence' spell on him! ;)
    :D

17. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

you could turn off party AI... and he would never speak again... your half-orc so you cant have ur love anyway..

18. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Ummm, turning off party AI does not remove character dialogue and interaction. I never have Party AI on.

19. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Meanwhile, back at the thread ...
    has anybody else stumbled into this area?

20. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Yeah, anybody else???????

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.