1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How often do you shave?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ofelix, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I don't shave. Sometimes I'll trim my beard a bit with nail scissors. I trim my moustache weekly.

2. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Try to shave two or three times a week, and every time before a night out. I use a blade razor because I found an electric one not to give a very close shave at all, though it was a cheap piece of crap.

3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Usually every two days or so, but lately I've been incredibly lazy with shaving and haven't shaved in a week or so. I'll probably have to shave tomorrow though. I've been lazy regarding quite a lot of things lately now that I think about it.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Roughly once a week sometimes twice if I am going somewhere special. I have really lame beardgrowth so I can't be bothered to do it more. I look completely cleanshaven for three days after a shave and I do not start to look "bearded" or shaded until the sixth day or so. I use the cheapest razors I can find and I use them multiple times.

5. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Once or twice every year or two, with infrequent trimmings from time to time, depending on how the various women in my life complain about having to be seen in public with me. Usually my sisters will only complain when its really long, but girlfriends vary, depending on the time of the month it seems :lol:

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    As little as possible. My facial hair grows very slowly, so I can easily go for a few days without a shave. I've done 3 weeks on a few occasions, but by then I really need one.

7. nunsbane

nunsbane

Whenever I get to it.

If I had a job which required a smooth shave or had a steady girlfriend (girls, in my experience won't tolerate stubble) I would have to shave every day.

8. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I have a glorious neckbeard.

I do clean up the part that's not under my chin or on my cheeks every few weeks though - makes it so much easier to keep clean and tidy.

I use a traditional razor for removing the short mustache though.

Add to this my long, wild hair and I look like an unshaved hermit. Which is more or less what I'm going for.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Haha! I finally did buy my Shavette, and now I am curious to try it on my one week beard ... :hmm: ... I probably won't go out tonight and I'll spend most of the weekend over my books and my brother's computer anyway ... so, if I tried it today, I'd have three straight days for potential wounds to heal before I'll have to show my face again. What an opportunity!

:tobattle:

PS: Well, what shall I say? The thing handles ... different. In-teresting feeling when you feel your just about to cut yourself - and stop right there. I still cut myself, if slightly. I have respect for that tool. As a tool, it does just what you ask from it. I only used the Shavette in line with my beard growth. Still, I got a very, very clean shave - better than with my normal wet shaver (i.e. 'stubble plane'). Speaking of it, splendidly shaven as I am, I just might go out tonight ... :shake:

The great strength of the blade is that you can vary the (always light :) ) pressure and angle in subtle ways and according to you needs. I feel the Shavette is superior for shaving at the throat. It takes getting some used to the Shavette and to manoeuvre the blade around your face. I will use it more often.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Rags, let me guess - you also enjoy skydiving using a parachute that only has a 50% chance of opening, just because it's more exciting that way, right? :p

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Splunge, it is all about bringing the awe back into awesome :shake:

12. shadowvamp3524 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

once a week even though I should do it twice a week.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.