1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shadow keeper

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by just a guy, Aug 11, 2001.

1. just a guy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

what exactly is shadow keeper that i have been hearing about so much??

2. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

it is a save game editor that you can use to cheat.(or recover accidentally lost items)

You can basically use it to create a super party by adjusting stats, inventor, etc...

3. corval Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

also, if you are not into cheating (which I strongly recommend you should not be as it will ruin the game for you), it will allow you to chose a different avatar for your character and even change the name that you thought was great, but really sucks now. happy gaming.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

just remember it might ruin your game beyond help, because of unknown bugs. I wouldn't use it because it ruined my game once.

5. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I haven't hit any of the bugs, yet, but let me just say that SK is the BOMB.

I'm no powergamer, don't want to load up on stats or equipment or xp that I didn't deserve, but I was delighted to customize my party to my tastes. It ticked me off to no end that it was impossible to finish the game with a pure thief, so i fixed up Imoen, and since I'm currently playing a sorcerer and looooooooooovvvvvveeeeee Aerie, I set her to pure cleric.

And frankly I don't consider this cheating.

6. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Lokken, shadowkeeper makes a backup of your savegame, so it's quite safe, I think. Gatekeeper doesn't make backup and I had a crash because of this.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Sure. You'll load that old save after you find out near the game finish that your game is screwed.
    :rolleyes:

8. Bloodpuff Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You could always come back to the forum and complain about how SK screwed up your game. Maybe someone can "fix" that situation and let you limp through until the end.

Or you can reload that old save like Extremist suggested :)

Seriously, if you want to mess with your characters, learn to use the CLUAConsole. It's a much better (and safer) way of *enhancing* your gaming experience. Do a search or ask someone to send you a copy. Extremist has a large database of CLUAConsole commands - if you ask nicely, maybe you'll get a copy.

Bloodpuff

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  10. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Yeah, CLUA's fine, say, if you want to know how you're making out with the ladies, but it's just too easy to hit CRTL+R when you're in a tough fight and didn't bring quite enough xtra healing potions. This absolutely destroys the fun of the game. AFAIK, you can't use CLUA to get 'under the hood.' I hate multi-class characters, I mean I REALLY hate them...especially as they advance to higher levels, becoming exponentially weaker with each level up.

But damnit, I wanted a mage, a cleric, a thief, and 3 fighters...And now I have them. (I downloaded SK yesterday, so I'm sure I won't be so gung-ho once all the bugs kick in.)

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I actually thought that you can have party like that - through multiplayer game.

Bah! I'm probably stupid, dull, etc, etc... How the hell could I even think something like that?

Tal, reward me with "Idiot of the week" plaque please.

12. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Yeah, I know, but I play from a gubment pc which has no internet connection, and when I try to start a mp game it says 'connect.' I cannot do so.

Besides, SoA with no romances??? Not this lonely soul.

13. Zaragoth Guest

Shadowkeeper doesn´t work for me. :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.