1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problem installing Tactics4IWD2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Khemsa, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Khemsa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I could really use some help. I downloaded Tactics4IWD2 and the CoM store. When I double-clicked on the Tactics4IWD2 setup exe I got the following, instead of the normal setup screen:

C:bad:Program Files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale II\Setup-Tactics4IWD2.exe
    {Setup-Comstore.exe} Queried (pid = 312) version = 198 query done.
    {Setup-IWD2-ammo-v1.exe} Queried (pid = 320) version = 198 query done.
    {Setup-IWD2-Ease.exe} Queried (pid = 328) version = 130 query done.
    {SETUP-IWD2-EASE.EXE.DEBUG} Queried (pid = -1)

What did I do wrong? Could it be the infamous Vista OS (I have a new computer and this is the first mod I have tried to install since migrating to Vista)?

Help, please.

2. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] A bit of persistence would've saved you some embarassment here.

This happens the first time that a bunch of WeiDU installers are in the same directory. It checks the versions of the WeiDU files.

Technically, all WeiDU files are the same, except for the names and versions. This query simply copies the newest version many times, and renames them to replace the older Setup____.exe files.

So the solution: Run it again:lol:

p.s.: notice that the very old version of Ease-of-use isn't recognized. You'll need to manually replace it with the newest WeiDU, otherwise Ease-of-use won't work properly. I just noticed that this detail isn't in my install instructions:doh:. Time for an update maybe...

3. Khemsa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I tried it many times and it still did not work. I ended up uninstalling everything and reinstalling, now it works fine. Thanks for the help.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.