1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rogue Rebalancing mod v4.1 released

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by aVENGER, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

2. MajorTomSawyer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I love this mod.

Not sure since finding it (in the old version known as the APack) I have played without it.

3. aVENGER Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The Rogue Rebalancing mod has been updated to v3.9. In summary, this release adds several new items to the game, revises some of the items which were introduced in the previous versions of the mod, further expands the "Revised Thievery" component with an option to use the PnP variety of thievery potions and enhances all AI scripts that are used in Rogue Rebalancing through Detectable Spells. In light of these changes, the compatibility with other mods and the recommended install order for Rogue Rebalancing have changed. Please consult the revised Compatibility Guide for more details. The first post in this thread has been updated with the full list of changes.

4. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Good to see someone still likes rogues.

One small request: could you break up the thief and bark kit revisions into separate components? I would love to try out the new bounty hunter, but I am far too attached to the current swashbuckler.

5. aVENGER Gems: 3/31

No, sorry.

6. aVENGER Gems: 3/31

The Rogue Rebalancing mod has been updated to v3.91. In summary, this minor update improves the compatibility with the "EasyTutu" and "Beyond the Law" mods, fixes a few small bugs and updates Detectable Spells to the most recent version. Here's the full list of changes:

Core component changes:
    • Resolved a conceptual incompatibility issue between the "Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards" component of Rogue Rebalancing and the "Beyond the Law" mod. In order to prevent the incompatibility, Arledrian's new quest which is introduced by Rogue Rebalancing will not occur if Kova or Kiyone are in the party
    • Some G3 BG2 Fixpack content was erroneously mirrored on EasyTutu installations through Rogue Rebalancing. This will no longer occur as EasyTutu already contains those fixes
    • Fixed some minor cosmetic issues with the Mass Charm, Enthralling Melody and Sound Burst HLAs
    • Reduced the "casting" range of the Bounty Hunters' Special Snares to 1. In effect, this means that the Special Snares can no longer be thrown across the screen
    • The Blade's "Weapons Display" ability will no longer be affected by spell failure, dead magic and wild magic zones
    • Updated Detectable Spells to the latest available version (the same as in SCSII v7)
    • Made some minor code optimizations

Changes to the Chosen of Cyric component:
    • Spell Triggers/Sequencers which contain hostile spells will now properly break the Invisibility (but not Improved Invisibility) of enemy spellcasters who employ them
    • Updated Detectable Spells to the latest available version (the same as in SCSII v7)

Changes to the Shadow Thief Improvements component:
    • If the party chooses the stealth path, the alarm in the Shadow Thief guildhall basement won't be activated automatically upon entering the area. In that case, deviating from the stealth path (i.e. by taking any hostile actions and/or triggering certain traps) will raise the alarm instead
    • After he is freed, Tizzak will attempt to hide in shadows and quietly sneak out of the guildhall without alerting any opponents who may be nearby
    • Spell Triggers/Sequencers which contain hostile spells will now properly break the Invisibility (but not Improved Invisibility) of enemy spellcasters who employ them

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not that I generally use bounty hunters, but any particular reason for this?

8. aVENGER Gems: 3/31

In the unmodded game, a Bounty Hunter can throw his Special Snares at offscreen opponents which triggers them instantly, i.e. they behave a bit like Delayed Blast Fireballs in that regard. It's not entirely clear whether this behavior was planned by the developers or not, but it certainly differs from the implementation of all the other Thief traps in the game.

For my part, I always felt that this was an unintended exploit, and doubly so with the revised Special Snare effects which I use in Rogue Rebalancing. The change was made in order to close it.

9. aVENGER Gems: 3/31

The Rogue Rebalancing mod has been updated to v3.92. In summary, This small maintenance release fixes a couple of stray bugs, improves the compatibility with the One Pixel Productions mod and updates Detectable Spells to the latest available version. Here's the full list of changes:

Core component changes:

• The Lingering Bard and Skald songs will no longer erroneously stack multiple times before expiring
    • The base price for Sparkburst has been increased
    • The compatibility with the One Pixel Productions mod has been improved. The "Legacy Shields - Bucklers" component of that mod will now be automatically detected and utilized as long as it is installed before Rogue Rebalancing
    • Updated Detectable Spells to the latest available version (the same as in SCSII v8)

• After spending all of his invisibility potions, Venduris would sometimes stand around idly instead of attempting to hide in shadows. This has been rectified
    • Venduris' Ring of Concealment no longer erroneously protects the wearer from the Glitterdust spell and now properly protects the wearer from the Oracle spell
    • Updated Detectable Spells to the latest available version (the same as in SCSII v8)

• On certain occasions, Aran Linvail's Mislead clone would remain stationary instead of running away. This issue has been rectified

10. Amdis

Amdis Note to self, claws are not toothpicks

Thanks aVENGER for the new version, will certainly install the new version in my next game. Right now i am to far already into the game with my monk to justify myself to restart the game. :D

11. aVENGER Gems: 3/31

Rogue Rebalancing mod v4.0 released

The Rogue Rebalancing mod has been updated to v4.0. In summary, this major release further revises the Thief and Bard HLA tables and tweaks their respective kits a bit further. Optionally, Rogue Rebalancing can now restore the proper PnP racial adjustments for thieving skills and allow Cromwell and Cespenar to upgrade some of the items which are introduced or altered by this mod. The first post in this thread has been updated with the complete list of changes.

12. Amdis

Amdis Note to self, claws are not toothpicks

Just downloaded, thanks aVENGER. :)

13. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31

This mod looks interesting. I went to aVENGER's site and, through readme, started installing patches recommended before installing RR mod. The link to "G3 BG2 fixpack was inactive, so I googled to the Gibberlings 3 site where it said the fixpack was a Beta version, with no apparent way to download it. I'm not any kind of expert, so I thought I'd run this by here to find out more info; it seems like there is Always someone who knows what's up here at SP. How important is the fixpack? Should I get it even if I dont get the R R mod? (which I probably will)

While I'm at it, I'm not clear on what WIEDU is, or if its only compatible with some things but not others, and also what Mirror is...

Anyway, thanks for your patience, everytime I've had a question someone, more often like six or eight peoplle have had an answer. Just want you to know I appreciate it.

14. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You can find the G3 Fix pack here; just scroll down. I'm assuming you're talking about download mirrors? I think it just redirects to another site from which you download some content (like a BG2 module). Not sure about the technicalities.

WeiDU is a program used to compile scripts, dialogue, etc for Infinity Engine games, so basically it's something the modders use to add the content of their modules to the actual game. Before WeiDU modders had to overwrite existing game scripts, resulting in serious compatibility issues between different mods, whereas WeiDU can patch the existing files so several different modules can safely add strings to the same scripts (given that they don't mess with the same variables or likewise, which would of course lead to issues down the road). Generally speaking all mods created using WeiDU are compatible with each other, there's exceptions though. Mod authors will usually list in their readme's which other mods there are know to create conflicts with their own, however.

If you're new to WeiDU and mods generally there's some general guidelines you ought to follow. You should read this and this topic before installing any mods.

15. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31

Thank you olimkrig. Installed fixpack. Now, on to RR

16. aVENGER Gems: 3/31

The Rogue Rebalancing mod has been updated to v4.1. In summary, this minor release alters the Alchemy and Scribe Scrolls HLAs in order to make them more customizable. Characters using these abilities can now choose which potion/scroll they wish to create. Furthermore, this update gives characters a chance to talk their way out of trouble after failing to steal an item from a store. The new dialogue options which make that possible are dependant on the character's mental attributes. Here's the full list of changes:

Core component changes:
    • The Alchemy HLA has been slightly revised. Characters using this ability can now choose which potion they wish to brew. However, the raw material cost for brewing a potion must now be paid and the ability can no longer be used in a hostile environment (i.e. during combat). Furthermore, Bards can now brew certain potions that Thieves cannot and vice versa
    • The Scribe Scrolls HLA has been slightly revised. An arcane spellcaster using this ability can now scribe any spell that he can cast onto a scroll. However, the costs for any raw materials that are used in the process must be paid and the ability can no longer be used in a hostile environment (i.e. during combat)
    • The "Revised Thievery" component now gives characters a chance to talk their way out of trouble after failing to steal an item from a store. These dialogue options are dependant on the character's mental attributes

• Resolved a minor compatibility issue with the "Maximum HP for all creatures in the game" component of G3 BG2 Tweaks. That component previously altered the hit points of a specific character who is supposed to die during a cutscene sequence. This will no longer occur
    • Minor code optimizations

• Minor code optimizations

Changes to the Upgradeable Equipment component:
    • Cromwell can now upgrade the Keeper of the Law if you bring him a Brine Potion
    • Fixed a harmless response duplication in Cromwell's Returning Frost Dart upgrade dialogue

17. Shadow Steele

Shadow Steele Still hiding in the shadows all night

Thanks for all of the work aVENGER. You have made playing Rogues much more enjoyable.

18. aVENGER Gems: 3/31

Glad you liked the mod. :)

Cheers!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.