1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help - CHAPTER 2: THE ICE TEMPLE - LEVEL 2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by marhaba9, Apr 14, 2009.

1. marhaba9 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello,

I knew I'm gonna get stuck sometime in this game.

Lets get straight to the point.

I want enter the room/open the door which says "EMBRACE THE SHADOWS" every time I try and open.

I know the altar and the guy trapping xaan and his friends is in there.

I have read the walkthrough on this great site :) which told me to use the lightning bolt device on it...I've tried, hurting some party members in the process but still, the door doesn't open :(.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :), thank you.

2. senex Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Have you noticed the mirrors north and south of the lightning bolt device? You can turn them and change their angles by clicking on them. You need to aim the bolt toward the northern mirror and turn that mirror in such a way that the bolt gets diverted towards a mirror in the NW. From there it will shoot S, SE and then hit the door. Sorry if you have already figured that out, it wasn't clear from your post. And do move your party members out of the way ;)

3. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Also, you get into the room by saying 'Lysan' to the painting on the staircase in the upper level. I can't remember if the lightning part is supposed to come before or after the staircase so I usually do both before and after entering the room.

I spent ages on that blasted room just a while ago. What makes it worse is that I've done it a couple of times before :doh:!

4. marhaba9 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Omg I opened it, thanks alot guys.

First thing which I had to do was say 'Lysan' to the painting, walk out the room which it takes me to and then fire the bolt.

Thank you :).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.