1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Protagonist

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by randumb, Mar 31, 2009.

1. randumb Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hey all, just joined forums been reading for ages playing bg since first week of bg1 love it.

just interested to find out what peoples favourite mains are an why?

2. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Bard, pref Skald for more roleplaying, Blade for more offensive power. I really love Bards, almost always play it or as close as you can get, wether it be PnP or computer RPGs. Singing, high charisma, lvl 6 spells. Decent fighters and awesome RP in my book.

Fighter/Mage is my 2nd choice. I just love the versatility and the survival skills of the F/M. All the buffing spells, good from the very start and goes on 'til the end, as well as the offensive spells combined with melee. It's simply a powerful class which improves and is fun to play all they way through the saga. With ToB installed, they REALLY get overpowered though which is somewhat bittersweet.

3. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    This seems similar to a favorite classes thread that was started a while back.

Favorite..... Undead Hunter paladin. Is like a fighter plus. Also I like having a party member that I can sometimes send in alone to clean out groups of level draining undead.:)

Fighter/Mage is a good multi-class though I would tend towards Wild Mage or (Half-Orc) Fighter/Cleric for runner up myself.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Assassin. For the backstabbing :)

Or just a regular thief because I like stealing things (in games).

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I really enjoyed playing a cavalier -- my first and my favorite. Other fun characters were monk and a half-orc fighter/assassin (yeah, I know). My first solo was a gnome cleric/thief -- also very fun but I find soloing a bit overpowering.

6. Rastamage Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Wild Mage with half-elven Mage/Cleric as runner up.

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Fighter/Thief (multi- or dual-class), FMT or Stalker. Gotta love the backstabs. :D

8. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Back in the early days, simply loved thieves for backstab.

Many mods later (tactics, IA), found backstabs kinda cheesy, so f/m for me now

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    <CHARNAME> is my favorite protagonist... :p

Now, if we're talking about *classes*, then I like Sorcerers and Monks the best. I'm currently playing though with a Cleric/Ranger for a change of pace.

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Hmm, F/wild mage, F/wild mage/T, or a vanilla wild mage

But with silly overpowerness (as if wild mage combo's are't such :rolleyes: ), I'm loving a dwarven Cleric/Archer with Dwarven Thrower (It's insane! And don't ask me what I had to do to make it work...)

11. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

SOA/TOB - Without a doubt, Half-Orc Kensai!!! A true Butt-stomping machine... BG1/TotSC/Tutu - Any, that's what makes the game so great!:D

12. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Wild Mages are a lot of fun but I enjoy playing a Thief or a Bard (levelling fast). I used to like Blades but it's more fun playing a Jester. If I had to pick one it would be a Jester or a Wild Mage (there is a custom kit somewhere but wild magic with a Bard is overpowered).

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] Wild Mage! Why? Because it is such a fun and unpredictable class, and is powerful too if you are lucky or know what your doing. Also, the mod wild mage additions really bring the flavour of the class, by adding lots of new and cool wild magic spells from p&p! A must to have! :bigeyes:

14. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

F/T

Backstabbing.. with a bit of muscle.. mmmmmm :evil:

15. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I had most fun when i played a plain druid, acually.

16. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Berserker, fun class and suited my protagonist at the time perfectly.

17. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Considering my somewhat.. overgrown interest in ultimate tank builds, a fighter/mage with its myriad of ways of making itself immune to just about anything in dire need is just what the doctor ordered. It's no slough in terms of offensive power either, and the BG1 era of the character's development goes smoothly wearing a full plate and devoting the spell slots into Identify, Strength and other long-lasting buffs so that the party's main mage can concentrate on offensive magic. :evil:

18. Phearlock Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm going to go with the fighter/mage too, it's really just so fun & versatile to play in SoA-ToB. And I find the mix of fighting skills and magic to be quite fitting for a bhaalspawn destined for godhood ^^.

Although I also had fun playing a druid & F/T (with various kit variations)

19. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i usually pick a sorceror, i don't know why but i always want my prot to be the most powerfull thing in the party.

if i'm soloing it can be anything really

20. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Obviously there must be something I'm overlooking since I can't see a reason why I would trade 50+ hp and excellent fighting skills for a bit better ability to cast spells I already get in droves with a Fighter/Mage.. ?

Someone please enlighten me. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.