1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #106

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I got out easy on that front Flix. My dad and brothers have a longstanding and unrelenting stance that babies are ugly. We bond together and can usually overpower the opposition.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    That's just it, I'm the front -- nobody else that I know feels as I do. I think my sister has expectation that I am not sure I can fulfil. She can be bossy, overly sensitive, and quite the drama queen. She let things affect her way too much. Ironically enough she sometimes resent our mother and is quite found of our father, which is the opposite for me. Anyway, I can barely take care of myself and I'm slowly going crazy, how the hell am I supposed to be a godfather? I'm a 20 years old mediocre student in a Major that hasn't got a clear career path, I'm living with my parents, I can't keep a job, I'm insecure and I'm a socially inept geek. How's that for worst godfather candidate ever?

I can't see myself in five years, hell I can't see myself in one year. I go to university not because I've got a career plan, but because studying is a socially acceptable excuse to put my life on hold. I have a genuine liking for my filed of study, and that's pretty much the only reason I can get up in the morning. That's the only aspect of my Life I'm certain, everything else seems pointless and meaningless. I don't know what I want in life. I've got the impression I'm a meaningless drop in the ocean that is the University. I used to be the best in History in my class, now I'm in the upper-mediocre range. The only thing I was really good at is now lost to me. I barely sleep and pass the day only because of coffee (which seems to give me headaches). When I'm not doing school related stuff I'm wasted on alcohol or mary jane. My parents have got expectations of academic greatness, which again, I believe is unfit for me. Since they help me financially I feel obligated to get good grades.

I am single and I was for way too long, I haven't got the courage to ask girls out. Why would they want that anyway? I'm a pretty uninteresting person after all. I'm not an athlete, I'm not particularly good looking, what interests me probably doesn't interests anyobody.

I don't really like myself nor what I do, I can't see a future for myself and yet people seem to expect great things from me, things I know deep down are unrealistic.

Anyway sorry for the long rant, thing just... typed themselves.

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    You don't really need to DO anything as godfather...

And I didn't really like babies either, but they really grow on you. Just watching that little hairball crawl, move, and talk is ridiculously cute. Besides, a baby could easily solve your girlfriend situation: simply take the kid out, and have it act cute, and girls will approach. Make it clear you're not daddy and WHAM, instant chemistry, plus appreciation of how good you are with kids and suchlike.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Exactly. Apparently, I'm the godfather of my old neighbor's oldest son...but I haven't seen the kid in 5-6 years. If my math serves, that would make him 11-ish.

IIRC, the only time a godfather is needed, is if the parents *and* grandparents all keel over and die, and the kid's got nowhere else to go. But then again, I could be totally wrong. Being raised LDS, we didn’t bother with such formalities.

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Technically a godfather is meant to be responsible for the Child religious well-being, but you said they are having a "birthing ceremony" instead of a baptism, so I'm presuming religion isn't massively important, thus you are free of responsibility.

Oh and yes, babies are ugly and annoying.

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I have never heard of anyone being named Godfarther to anyone outside of movies (oh, and the Harry Potter books ;)). Doesn't seem to happen that often these days.

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Just you wait, I'm guessing I'll be a godfather in a year or two.

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Who's a mob boss now? :p

Anyway, ION, Idea for a BGII mod: change every Imoen line (conversation, not command) to "Heya, it's me Imoen". She's going to be more irritating than ever!
    Think about the business opportunity people! I can hear that cash coming already.

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rob went back to work yesterday after 10 days off to recover from his wisdom teeth extraction but came home with a fever! Now he's off work again

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I'm just going to sit in a corner and shudder now. Thank you.

11. Ofelix

Media:
    Hey! She was my favourite character!

12. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    But it would be awesome. Remember the scene when you visit Spellhold and the fake Imoen is all distant and stuff? Now imagine her saying "HEYA IT'S ME IMOEN!" and you asking "What have you done to her" from Irenicus. So fitting.

ION, cough medicine. Yummy.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Don't forget about being terribly stinky! :nolike:

14. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

wow it just got dark out in the real world in like 10 minutes..

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ain't that the truth!

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    A godfather is practically a second father for the purpose of religious upbringing.

17. Ofelix

Media:
    And since there's no religion involved, I've no real uses! Woo-hoo!

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I just slept for 21 hours. And I still feel like crap.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

BS. Everyone should be able to choose their own path instead of having it forced on them. That's AoDA material, so I'll leave it there, that's not my favorite corner of the boards.

That being said, first evening shift tomorrow. This is gonna be insane.

20. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

was there not a food forum on BoM at some point?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.