1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your fantasy dinner party

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Silvery, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you could invite anyone (living or dead) to a dinner party, who would it be?

You're allowed 7 people as well as yourself

Mine would be:
    My dad (I want to tell him that I love him and see if he's proud of me)
    Terry Pratchett
    Stephen Fry
    Alice Cooper
    Billy Connolly
    Socrates
    David Gemmell

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why would you invite a dead person to a dinner party? Wouldn't the smell of decaying flesh kind of spoil your appetite?

OTOH, it would certainly cut down of the amount (and therefore cost) of the food you'd have to serve.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Hmmm, my list is:

Christ
    Buddha
    Mohomed (sic)
    James Cook
    Ghengis Khan
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Billy Joel (someone has to provide the music)

I either respect or an really interested in the lives, talents and opinions of these people.

I apologize for my lack of political correctness in not having any women on the list.

4. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Alone.

Oh wait. That means I get the dinner party of my dreams every day, as far as company is concerned.

Now, as far as food is concerned...

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    LKD I was brought up in the area that James Cook lived. We've got museums and stuff for him all over. He was an ugly bugger

6. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    My mom- deceased 1990
    Steven Tyler
    Robert Jordan
    Ronald Reagan
    Morgan Freemen
    Bill Gates
    Jennifer Love Hewitt

@ Silvery

I once spent some time with Alice Cooper as we were both flying to either Phoenix or Vegas (I don't remember which). He is a remarkably cool guy, very down to earth.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Alexander
    Caesar
    Napoleon
    Steven Erikson
    Jesus
    Jon Stewart

The three first are pretty obvious, I have always been fascinated by those three. Erikson is my favourite author and I think he would enjoy the first three as well and his background in anthropology might be interesting as well. Jesus just to see what kind of person he was and his reaction to the form of current christianity. Jon Stewart for his wit and I think it would be damn fun to see the episode of Daily Show after this dinner.

8. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Christopher Lee
    Tolkien
    Bruce Campbell
    Carrie Fisher
    John Cleese
    Al Lowe
    Summer Glau

Ok thats it. No more at my dinnertable.

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Hhhuum, here goes

Charles Baudelaire
    Boris Vian
    Émille Nelligan
    Jeanne d'Arc
    Richard Wagner
    Cicero
    Stephen Colbert

10. old hob Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Joseph Stalin
    Adolf Hitler
    Winston Churchill
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

So they could all see Hitler for the last time, maybe gloat or something I dunno.

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Honestly I'd like to hear the arguments :)

12. nunsbane

nunsbane

Hmmmmm.

Gary Larson. I would like to personally insist that he not retire.
    Koko the Gorilla. I would learn sign language in anticipation of our meeting.
    Carl Sagan. His goofy speech pattern would be welcome at my dinner.
    Nikola Tesla. I would have his back...first, I would damage Edison into submission.
    Einstein. I don't care how trite this choice is...his quotes alone are worth it.
    Ron Jeremy. I would endeavor to be his friend...he probably doesn't really have one.
    Jessica Alba. The prettiest girl ever made...praise be to evolution!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.