1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Correct.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Oh brother I can't believe it's true

4. dmc

Media:
    To move things along, here's the entire first verse:

Oh brother I can't, I can't get through
    I've been trying hard to reach you
    'cause I don't know what to do
    Oh brother I can't believe it's true
    I'm so scared about the future and
    I want to talk to you
    Oh I want to talk to you

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh yeah, that's a big help. :p

6. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Serves me for not checking this thread more often. Leonard Cohen song quotes are posted and I miss out. In all fairness even though I've heard it a lot I probably wouldn't recognize any song quoted from the Dear Heather album.

7. dmc

Media:
    Good lord, Splunge, this is one of the most popular groups on the radio right now, and not in the death-metal subgenre either.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I know.

I knew the group, and recognized the song, but didn't know the title, so I googled it.

Me are start so suck at this game. :(

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh Brother by Sister Sledge

10. dmc

Media:
    Obviously, not a single Coldplay fan to be found at this time. The song is Talk.

I'll drop back a couple of decades to cater to the older crowd:

I come to you defences down
    With the trust of a child

11. Splunge

Media:
    Nit certain, but I think it might be Red Rain by Peter Gabriel

12. dmc

Media:
    Nits make lice, but you're right.

13. Splunge

Media:
    Bah! Me and my pathetic 4-finger typing "skills".

Some say she's from Mars
    Or one of the seven stars
    That shine after 3:30 in the morning
    WELL SHE ISN'T

14. Splunge

Media:
    New song:

'Cause I speak of the pompitous of love

15. dmc

Media:
    Steve Miller - The Joker

What was your other one?

16. Splunge

Media:
    What, you don't know how to google? :p
    It was Planet Claire by The B52's

Anyway, you're up, dmc.

17. dmc

Media:
    Funny - I don't google lyrics because of the rules of the game so I didn't think of it.

Feed your head!

18. BOC

White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane

19. dmc

Media:
    Correct.

20. BOC

God knows I was an honest man, the same as any other
    Who loved his wife, worked all his life to keep his family
    Until the beast that never sleeps beneath my silken covers
    Reared its head and bit its thumb at my morality

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.