1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Coolest NPC item

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Blog, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Most of the joinable NPC's come with some neat equipment. Which is your favorite?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 82 user(s) have voted.

Poll Results: Coolest NPC item (82 votes.)

In no particular order... (Choose 1)
    * Valygar's Armor (Immune to charm, +25% resist fire, acid, magic) - 6% (5)
    * Valygar's Sword+2 (AC +2 vs slashing, additional bleeding damage) - 7% (6)
    * Keldorn's Firecam Fullplate Armor (saves +1, free action, usable by monks) - 5% (4)
    * Keldorn's Hallowed Redeemer +2 ("fireshield" effect for 5 damage) - 2% (2)
    * Jan's AdventureWear (AC +5 vs missiles, +25% resist physical damage) - 1% (1)
    * Jan's Spectroscopes (+25% Traps, +20% Detect Illusions, Detect Invisibility spell) - 4% (3)
    * Jan's Techno-Gloves (+20% Lockpick, +20% Pickpocket) - 0% (0)
    * Jan's Flasher Launcher and Bruiser Mates (Stuns) - 0% (0)
    * Mazzy's Bow of Arvoreen (+2 to hit rolls) - 0% (0)
    * Mazzy's Sword of Arvoreen +2 (Slows) - 0% (0)
    * Edwin's Amulet (Memorize more spells?) - 15% (12)
    * Nalia's D'Arnisse Signet Ring (+2 AC, +2 saves, 50% fire resistance) - 12% (10)
    * Anomen's Shield (AC +2, +30% resist fire and cold, Prot. from missiles spell) - 0% (0)
    * Haer'Dalis' Chaos Blade +2 (Drains 2 points of dexterity) - 7% (6)
    * Haer'Dalis' Entropy +2 (Poisons) - 1% (1)
    * Boo (Hey, he is equipped and he's better than our familiars!) - 38% (31)
    * Imoen's Belt (Prevents her from dying I suppose) - 1% (1)

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Edwin's Amulet is IMO the most unbalanced, but I still like it. :o

Keldorn sword is annoying since it practically forces you to deal with the Cowled Wizards.

3. thaGforce Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Keldorn's orange armour looks cool.

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Nalia's ring is a pretty nice combo item. Too bad that she's also part of the combo.

5. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Boo :roll: You have to love that little rat (hamster). Edwins amulet is also cool, tried taking it off of him once, and unfortunately he wasn't too happy about it :(

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Having a hard time deciding between Kel's armor and boo. Maybe if the damned hamster actually DID something...

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I use Keldorn's Firecam, not on a monk but on my paladin.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Entropy has a realy cool name :xx:

9. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

boo nuf said

10. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Didn't you people get enough of Boo in BG1, it's not like he gets any new actions in BG2. :confused:

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jans Armor is very stylish...
    Dryclean only!

12. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Has to be a toss up between Nalias ring and Edwins amulet as i think they're the most useful things. If only there was a way of getting them both for yourself MWUHAHAHAHA :evil: :D :evil:

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Hey, I'd love to have Imoen kitted out in the full set of Jansen Adventure Wear, with all accessories!

14. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I knew Boo would get a lot of votes, so I just couldn't omit him. ;)

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If only Imoen had the belt in BG1 :rolleyes:

It says she can't remove it and she doesn't know how she got it - so in theory she *should* have had it :hmm:

nm

I voted Boo btw :thumb:

16. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I honestly don't understand the popularity of Boo. He makes for one less quick item slot, and all he does is squeek, which is funny exactly one time. They should let you eat him or something after his dialogue is exhausted.

17. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Boo as cute as he is, doesn't really help does he? But why is he so popular. I almost voted for, but decided to choose between the useful items, does this make me bad? :confused:

18. Keihdra Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I liked Haer'dalis so I went with Chaos, although Entropy is really part of the deal too. You don't have one without the other.

19. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] I'll tell you what rocked: If Jan found a way of merging his Techno Gloves and the Gloves Of Pickpocketing into one pair!

20. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I am appearently the only one who has chosen Valygar's katana. For some reason I just like it. Too bad it's only +2

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.