1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who to pickpocket?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by dagda, Sep 26, 2001.

1. dagda Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I have pickpocketed the guy in the Adventures mart and got a ring of regeneration ....

Who else should be pick pocketed for kool stuff ... ???

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

trademeet merchants, for cloak of displacement, belt of inertial barrier and tanga... can't spell, short bow with ghost arrows.

Spell merchants for their spells ;)

I think Tolgerias has a ring of ram, he's in the... uhm... government district, yeah :)

3. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

First Tolgerias with ring of ram on him in the government building.

Second after helping merchants in trademeet out of Dao's trouble, there's one man (name?)selling lots of nifty goods, you can pickpocket him if you can.;)

And more? Sorry I don't know.:p

Lokken you beat me well!:aww:

Lokkon

[This message has been edited by Laksol (edited September 26, 2001).]

4. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

you could pickpocket me for a bar of snickers :grin: :p

5. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The genie doorguard (in Trademeet) for an Efreeti Bottle.

And then you can steal lots of stuff from merchants (though not all of them). Good arrows and armour from the fletcher/armorer in Waukeen's Promenade, for example.

Anything else besides what is already said?

Hmmm... No, can't think of anything else.

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm, you can steal a lot of things, here the best cheesy bug exploits :hmm: :nono:

(a) a second ring of ram from Tolgerias
    (b) a second ring of wizardry from Lavok
    (c) a second ring of Gaax from Kangaxx
    (d) Ithafer's head from Itafeer (alive, really odd)
    (e) ... and I bet some more stuff ;) :hahaerr:

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Obviously rakshashas ARE very resilient.... Not noticing that your head is gone, indeed.... The lady of de'arnise keep (Nalia's aunt) has a nice scroll. The Sahuagin king for the key to his treasury (to go to the underdark w/out taking part in Sahuagin politics). Cheater. Me for.... Probably a fantasy book. It might be worth your while :D.

8. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Is that a pickpocket or are you just glad to see me? :hahaerr:

9. Pickpocket every single person you see.

10. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Pickpocket Ribald in the Adventure Mart for a Ring of Regeneration (surprised nobody mentioned that yet).

[Nobody but the originator you mean ;) - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited September 27, 2001).]

Ouch! Yeah, I realised that as soon as I pressed the "submit" button and was waiting for the page to load. *sigh* Sorry about that, folks. :o

[This message has been edited by Will (edited September 27, 2001).]

11. TGM Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] The most disturbing thing is that you can't pickpocket her blood from Adalon the Silver:D Boy, that would be a sight!... but, as I think on that Rakshasa head...nothing is impossible:) It would solve the problem of that great armor, the Human Flesh Armor.

Sad thing, that this is not possible...:(

12. dagda Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Thanks everybody,

I will enjoy the five finger discount shopping spree later :)

13. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

umm, just wanna point out something here "pickpocket everyone you see" .. not wise! i did it to bel dalemark in the bridge district once, eep! screwed up his dialogue cos i got a handfulla berries! why do all the paladins in the HHOTMNORH have infravision scrolls? don't they know that infravision is nearly pointless?

14. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Before you meet the Dao Genies. Go to Druid Grove and pickpocket the potion seller.

15. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

"Hi, I'm a potion seller. Pleased to meet you. WHAT?! I have a tiger head in my pocket?!"

:evil: :grin: :heh: :1eye: :happy: :square:

Love those smilies....

[This message has been edited by Tiamat (edited September 30, 2001).]

16. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

And while you're at it, pickpocket the dao genies.

17. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Sure just loot nobles, it makes sense to loot them the most. I have pickpocketed some expensive necklaces that way ;)

18. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Its all well and good stealing genie bottles here and tiger heads there, but Im just wondering why you can't just nab some gold from a noble or wealthy merchant, surely Nalia's aunt has gotta be carrying SOME money, with her being so upper class and all, she's gotta be absolutely LOADED :money: :money:

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Pickpocketing is fun... as well as shoplifting. I'ven't even gotten past the mephit cages, so I can't say anything else.

But in real life... fun but gets you into trouble. Trust me in this one

Ara
    (Thief, assassin-wannabe, drow-wannabe, etc.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.