1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did you pick your profile name?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by ChickenIsGood, Nov 15, 2008.

1. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

TrueBlueAussie is a fairly common term used around here and I was feeling rather patriotic at the time. Before then, DeMoNiC_ChIcKeN was one that I used on Battlenet for Starcraft but I believe it originated from Melecamp(sp?) in BG1.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Sorry to revive a relatively old post, but I thought it would be funny :p

I should point out that for a while I was known on SP as "Dungeon Master" since I used to run D&D games. Pretty lame eh? Anyway

Ok, in my youth people used to give me the nickname "Obelix" (from the French comic book "Asterix & Obelix"). Anyway, I also happen to be born the day of the death of Félix Leclerc. So, Obelix + Félix = Ofelix. Simple as that.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Mine was inspried by the character Aldeth Sashenstar of BG naturally.

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

When I first starting logging into the beautiful world of the internet I used Dragoon as my online nick; as time past that name became quite common and I switched it to Silver Tiburon in 2002 when I purchased a 2003 Tiburon GT. That lasted until 2006 when I was introduced to Munchkin. I had a gut feeling others would use Munchkin, so I went with Munchkin Blender. After all I am blended like a good game of Munchkin is with a few sets.

Now where is my drink so I can start my afternoon right for the New Year.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mine is a slight alteration from the name I usually like to use which is Spiderfly. I also have an emotional connection with dragonflies because when I was very young - possibly 3 or 4 year old I used to be fascinated with insects. I was with my parents visiting someone (no idea who) and I was playing outside chasing some very large dragonflies. I found one that had landed in some water and was therefor easy to catch. When I picked it up it bit me! I was so shocked that I ran crying to an adult who didn't believe me and told me that dragonflies don't bite! It was one of those funny early childhood memories that just stayed with me so I used Dragonfly for my profile name.

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @Dragonfly, the dragonfly is a hunter and its mouth has been adapted for biting so it is possible that you were right and the adult wrong.

Dice likes this.
  7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Nakia - Oh I know the adult was wrong! I think that's why the memory of the incident is so strong for me. Not only did this beautiful creature bite me, but the adult I was seeking consolement from thought I was lying about it. I learned a youthful lesson that day about trusting wild creature and adults.

8. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

I saw my reflection in the monitor and so ....

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Ragusa was the name of the character I first played through BG. I later found out that it also was the name of divine brand of nougat chocolate and of two cities.

10. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

No one shall ever know where mine came from. :D

11. 1Lzard Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Media:
    "1Lzard", lol! The result of being sleazy-fast with the 'register' forms....

Derived from my original SCA name back in the stone-age (pre-AnTir), Lizzard was what I was known by, by both detractors and fans...

Contracted to L`zard for online use, it's remains my online moniker pretty much anywhere I go online in some variant (assuming the registry process allows).

Much like Stefanina, I'd prolly answer to 'it' faster than my legal given name, lol!

:wave:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  12. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Derived from my own first name, I used Maertyn as the name of my very first RPG character, a fighter in the glorious days of Baldur's Gate I, some 10 years ago. I have very fond memories of him - oh what a n00b I (and he!) had been... regettably I cannot find any savegames as to make a trip back to my past... it's lost but the hero's name will forever live on here: At Sorcerer's Place! :cool:

13. dingle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

An old knickname I got in my first job.

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    In a way, it was a sort of nickname from childhood. I started using it a lot when I needed a name for a game character and I guess I just got attached to it from then on.

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Sounds kind of like a pokemon.

Decados, GO!

/me throws pokeball

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.