1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tell us about your most powerful BG2 char here

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Rakanishu, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Give us his stats, his SOPs, his common tactics, his most used spells, his most used equipment, EVERYTHING.

PCs I know are deadly are Orgrim's, Syl's and Shura's. I know there are many others out there like Monks and Kensai/Mages Kensai/Thieves. My Ranger although good pales compared to them!

Post them here! :D

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I loved my ranger the second time through even though he was fairly weak compared to my near invincible kensai/mage which i lost when in a fit of sleepiness and savegame file deleting.
    Laew, chaotic good, stalker, human
    str: 18/36 Wis: 13
    dex: 17 int: 9
    con: 16 cha: 8 but with ring of HI,18
    2 pts in longswords and longbows and 3 in dual wield. 1 pt in flails which became 2 later and 1 point in 2handed sword. He's more like Minsc's backup in all the fights. A stern and sombre character, he speaks to Jaheira as politely as possible without hurting her feelings while his chaotic nature allows him to enjoy Viconia's antics.
    Dropped Aerie after the circus because he felt that she was too unstable and insecure for adventuring. In the late game, it got really tough because there was no way Imoen could match Irenicus's magic. I had to have one hell of a coordinated battle with both Nalia and Imoen lowering his defenses and Jaheira trying to dump an insect swarm in his face while Viconia casted all the blessing spells and me and Minsc tried to kick his butt. It was an epic battle for me. My Kensai/mage went 1 on 1 with ol'Jon because he was so much more powerful than the others, but with Laew, it was a team effort. Of course I only fought 1 dragon and avoided all the liches and the planar sphere quest because he was too weak. It was a hell lot of fun though.

3. Snowlock Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] it's my second time through,so he is only lvl 13 dwarf barbarian named Turrigan:
    str:18/00
    dex:17
    con:19
    int:16
    wis:10
    cha:8
    shadowdragon armor,frostreaver,light green ion stone,dragonscale shield,ring of earth domination,amulet of magic resistence,boots of evasion
    AC -7(i think)
    THAC0 -1
    5/2 attacks
    with draw upon holy might and battle rage i have 201 HP so my strategy is smite them with holy smite(i have anomen,viconia and aerie ;))and then go in with minsc while yoshimo gives us cover.it's funny to wath feeble liches trying to maze me while i'm in battle rage ;).

4. Rasalgethi Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I soloed with a Sorcerer imported from a previous completed game :
    Liann Veih, Elf female, Sorcerer 21.

Str 8, Dex 21, Cons 16, Int 19, Sag 13, Cha 11. HP 77, AC -8.

Staff of Magi, Robe of Vecna, Girdle of Stone Giant, Ring of Gaxx, +2 Ring, Cloak of Turning, Boots of Haste, Amulet of Power, Bracers of AC 3, Mask of Strohm (to prevent critical hits), FireTooth, and Sling of Everard in backpack.

Well, I must admit that I'm wandering if I abandon or not that game, because I have no more fun with this character. I killed Firekragg really easily.

I began a new Solo Monk few days ago, she is now lev20, and again I have no more fun here... maybe that level cap, finally, is a good thing, hehe ;).

5. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] Definately my only EVER char in BG2, a wizard slayer I've had in both BG and BG2 (he, of course, was a plain fighter in BG1).

STR 17
    DEX 17
    CON 12
    INT 17
    WIS 12
    CHA 17

Job's a good 'un

6. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My dwarf. He is a berserker.

ST: 18/00
    DEX: 17
    CON: 18

The rest is not very important.

He si level 16 (IIRC). AC -8.

When there's a lot of people to kick, i use his berserker ability. Nobody can stop him. He is a big juggernaught.

The only thing: He seem to be too ugly and smell too bad to have any romance. Maybe he sould stop drinking beer. I'm in chapter 6, and i didnt see nothing yet.

7. Crazy J Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Male Dwarves don't get a romance, due to those racist elves. I had a Monk with the girdle of Frost Giant strength, gauntlets of crushing, that ion stone that gives extra hp, the amulet of power, and ring of protection +2. She was almost unstoppable.

8. Dude69 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] My best Char has to have been Armstrong.
    elf,male,pure fighter.
    stats.
    str 18/37,20 with stone giant gridle
    dex 18
    con 17
    int 15
    wis 12
    chr 18
    wearing red dragon armor, boots of speed, cloak of spellturning, +2 ring, ring of fire resistance, dragon helmit, amulit that protects from pioson, guantlet of weapon skill, blackrazer and blade of roses +3.
    5 slots in longsword
    2 slots in duel weild
    and 2 slots in sword and shield but I didn't use it much.
    level 17
    thaco -7/-6
    most used spell heal
    157 hp
    Chaotic good
    he normaly just run into a battle and hopes for the best and normaly doesn't get hurt
    ac -7 or -6

9. Ok, Zorin, my first character was a Kensai/Mage dualled at level 9. Stats:

Str - 18/00 (25 with Crom :))
    Dex - 17
    Con - 16 (extra HPs w/ familiar to make up for it)
    Int - 18
    Wis - 10
    Chr - 11 (18 with Ring o'influence)

AC = -5 with Robe of Vecna, Ring of Prot. +2 and Cloak of the sewers. With Spirit Armour, Defensive Harmony etc. I could get him -12 AC for any fights with really powerfull fighters.

Favourite spell has to be stoneskin coupled with mirror image, closely followed by Flame Arrow (this can deal like 50 damage if the save is failed and with the robe of vecna, he never got interrupted whilst casting it.

Most damage I did was 60 with a critical hit and Kai.

He went 1 on 1 with Irenicus whilst the rest of my party took out the daemons. It was one hell of a fight with 3 timestops being cast (2 from him, 1 from me). He also took out Kangaxx single handed, although admiitedly it was with a prot. from magic scroll :).

[This message has been edited by The Amazing Ooopah (edited January 06, 2001).]

10. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I converted my paladin from BG1 into a fighter (hence the high Charisma) and I finished BG2 at level 23 with:
    Str 18/94 Dex 18 Con 18 Int 12 Wis 14 Cha 18 (Cha 24 with the Nymph Cloak, Balduran's Armour, the helm of Brilance and the Blade of Roses)
    145 HP
    5 points in longsword, 2 in shield and some others in flail
    Thaco -8/-12
    ac -10
    9/2 attacks

I didn't bother with dual-wielding since the extra armour class with the shield and the fact that I can get almost as many attacks with only one weapon make dual-wielding useless. By the end of the game I could barely see the mini portrait of my fighter because of all the little resistance icons overtop of my portrait. :D With Improved Haste I get 9 attacks in a round, so battles towards the end seemed to be have my backup mages cast Remove Magic on the evil scum and then my fighter rushes in and demolishes anyone in the way. :D

11. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My Char is a Female Human

Lvl 8 Fighter/ Lvl 18 Cleric Chap7.
    Str 18/53 (25 with Crom)
    Dex 18
    Con 15
    Int 6
    Wis 18
    Chr 9 (18 with Ring)

Okay she looks as though i have strained over the stats for half-an-hour but these were done on the first role from BG1 and imported into BG2. She is now pretty hard in the game and i somehow managed to get my hands on Crom Faeyr by luckily stumbling across the shadow dragon with the scroll.
    She also has Gorgon plate and the Fortress Shield and that funny Missile Deflection belt. She has an AC of -9 which is pretty good in my book. She also has a LOAD of spells icluding Regeneration which is wikked!

The thing with BG2 is who you have with you also. I have:
    Minsc
    Valygar
    Keldorn
    Jahiera
    Jan

Kool party! I did have Anomen... but he killed Seark... even though i asked him not too. I was well pissed off when he ran!

12. Weasel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Male Human

17 level Cavalier
    str 21
    dex 21
    con 22
    int 21
    wis 22
    chr 22

13. Elenias Nal'nair Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Hey Weasel! Nice to see you on THIS board :D

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hmmm I've got an imported character from BG1.

Str: 19
    Dex: 19
    Con: 19
    Int: 9
    Wis: 9
    Cha: 19

Plays with the Equalizer and the Sentinel in the Off-hand. Prof: 5 on long sword. 2 on Sword and Shield-style and 2 on sling. AC -11 (if I remember well.) Well at least it kicks hard and really fast :)

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Some of the stats may seem a little high because I imported Bel from BG1:

Belisarius (15th level Human Paladin)

Str:19
    Int:13
    Dex:16 (18 with Gauntlets of Dex)
    Con:18
    Wis:17
    Chr:18
    Hit Points: 127
    AC: -5

Items worn: Necklace of Magic Resistance, Helm of Brilliance, Belt of Inertial Barrier, Gauntlets of Dexterity, Plate Mail of Balduran, Ring of the Ram, Ring of Regeneration, Boots of Speed, Cloak of Mirros?.

Weapons: Carsomyr, Mace of Disruption +2 (Illithium coated), Blade of Roses.

Quick Items: Horn of Valhalla, Potion of Heroism, Potion of Storm Giant Strength.

Inventory: Shield of Balduran (If I think I need a little more AC)

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited January 08, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited January 08, 2001).]

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    My best (and first) BG-2 char, a dual classed Kensai-Thief named Radek von Boktor. He switched from fighter to thief in lvl 6 in BG-1 and when I imported him into BG-2 he was all active and I didn´t had to care about the BG-1 restriction to use my first 4 prof-slots in lvl 1 for two weapons.
    So for weapon proficiencies I chose grandmastery with Katanas (of course I was finally wiedling C`Fury), I used two slots for single weapon style and the rest on longswords (maybe I´ll choose daggers the next time for some of their special abilities and low initiative). The best longsword is a wee bit difficult to name for me, for I mainly used C`Fury, but I really liked flamethounge, for it worked where C`Fury failed - on protected wizards and liches.
    Possibly it would have been better to make a kensai-thief, changing in lvl 8 or 12 to get the extra THACO-Bonus for Kensais. However, I don´t mind that that much for Radek was still superb and, most important, Radek is the PC I played through BG-1 for hours. He was cool with Drizzt´s Defender (I stole it while he fought, I would have liked his chainmail, but I never got that).

His Stats (He consumed all the tomes he found in BG-1):

Strength 19
    Dexterity 19
    Constitution 19
    Intelligence 13
    Wisdom 16
    Charisma 15

He was wearing this regeneration ionstone, boots of speed, ring of Gaxx, ring of earth-elemental-control, the protection-from-spell necklace, this odem-weapon-protection belt, cloak of non-detection, shadow armor (possible with a kensai-thief (!).
    Playing offensively I used my thieving abilies at the beginning primarily on both stealth-abilies and later on open-locks and detect traps for I had Imoen and later Yoshimo as back-up thiefs till I was able to do all this myself. Sometimes I used cloak of spell deflection and other special items like the belt of frost-giant-strength depending on situation.

My preferred tactic was, of course, backstabbing which can do enormous damage of 100+ when you use C´Fury. It worked well with most opponents except Kua-Toas who seemed to detect any human beeing immediately, hidden or not.

PS: I know about the inherent conflict between the lawful-neutral-alignment of Radek and his profession. Well, it was the only way to create the cool combination of a kensai-thief. Well, I played it that way, that he focussed on Imoens rescue in a very decicive way and he didn´t steal much. So Radek was much more like a spy than a thief.

17. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Keep 'em coming!

18. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Heh heh heh, these posts are useful indeed....

YOU HAVE ALL FALLEN INTO MY TRAP HAHA! :D

19. Dimpled Chad
    Lvl. 9 Kensai/Lvl. 19 Mage
    Str. 18/97
    Dex. 18
    Con. 18
    Int. 18
    Wis. 11
    Cha. 12

Favorite tactic is mindlessly rushing into a fray, fireballs a-blazing. Toasted many of my own party members as a result.
    ---------------------------------------------

Pregnant Chad
    Lvl. 20 Barbarian
    Str. 18/72(?)
    Dex. 18
    Con. 18
    Int. 12
    Wis. 13
    Cha. 15

Your run-of-the-mill tank. Also wonderful chaos control with that Flail of the Ages of hers; if a party member gets confused or is inflicted by a similar mind controlling effect, I won't hesistate to smack them with the flail to slow their pursuit of my other party members.

20. Maveroick Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, he's my first character...I liked him, good guy...

Name: David (Though I like to call him Dave)
    Pure Kensai: Level 19
    Align:Lawful Neutral
    Race: Human male

Str: 18/61
    Dex: 18
    Con: 18
    Int: 8
    Wis: 9
    Cha: 11

Hp: 141 (With his stone, I think)

Well, he was fun, with Grand Mastery in the art of Katana and Two weapon style...he was cool...
    He had a thaco of -17/-15
    while wielding Celestial fury/Crom Faeyr
    (He had 1 proficiency in Warhammer and longsword) So sometimes he'd use Daystar, the Equalizer or DragonSlayer
    But sometimes, I'd give him Dakkon's Zerth Blade to give him that extra ac...which by the way, he had ac: -2 with blade, -1 without...not bad...

Gave him Gaxx's ring and girdle of inertial barrier, cloak of the sewers, one of those stones, ring of prot +2 and well...yeah

It's all good.

Mav.

P.S. Starting a Sorceress char now...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.