1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Small talk about the weather

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Silvery, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Seeing as lots of the RB post is being taken up by talk about the weather, I thought I'd open this thread instead.

It's cold, it's snowing, I live in a small village so I may never be seen again!

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Up hurr in Massachusetts, it is actually in the 50's... shorts weather!

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The high temp almost got above freezing today. :bad: Once the snow stops and the clouds clear out tonight, they're saying it could get down to 10°F (-12°C)

Brr! :nolike:

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Crap int it, been snowy here in my little Yorkshire/Derbyshire border town for nearly 2 weeks, and it's cold!

5. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Thats to bad barmy, it's been 18 to 21 celsius every day this week here. course it has gotten down to 4 to 7 celsius at night.

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    After the cold, temps here in North Florida are back up into 70's for highs, and 50-60's for lows. (That's approx 23 down to 10 Celsius)

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Currently about -10C, which is about right for this time of year.

I hate it when it's much warmer at this time of year, because the roads get sloppy, the car gets dirty, and you just know it's going to get cold again. If it's going to warm up, I want it to be a lead-in into spring!

8. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

Well, the Punxsy Phil saw his shadow so there is going to be six more weeks of winter.

9. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Over here it's been pretty hot, we had 6 days in a row above 40°C (104°F) and one of those was just a touch below 46°C (115°F). Worst part was sleeping at night, we *minimum* temperature was 34C (93F).
    I went to a music festival (Big Day Out), and it was ~43C in the shade and a lot more moshing direct sun.

10. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    It has been surprisingly cold here for february. Usually we have temps up around the late 20s (thats c for you non-conformists). But lately it has been cold and rainy, and it feels more like late autumn than the middle of summer. It was only just a week or so ago that we had it pushing 40 in a lot of places around the South Island. Strange weather indeed.

11. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Heh, there is a certain bear that will be on the lookout for its shadow today here, for same purposes.

The belief applies to all bears, but the resident capital zoo one will, as every year, be on the news over it. The only weather forecast I enjoy watching, tbh. :p

12. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i hate the winter, especially the ****ing cold! i would love never leaving my apartment during the winter, or deep hibernation from September to May

13. Kitrax

Media:
    Cold and grey... Just lovely. :rolleyes:

I could really go for some sun right about now.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Couldn't we all! :lol:

I need some warmth and sun I think, some nicer weather to settle me bones :)

15. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's got pretty mild here. I was thinking it was quite warm last night until Rob reminded me that for the the temp was above freezing so it was all in my mind

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This morning it was cold. That biting cold that freezes your nostrils together when you try to take a deep breath and results in that slight choking sensation followed by a cough. It was bright and sunny this morning as well and my eastbound drive to work made me realize what a mistake that extra beer last night really was.

17. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Snow everywhere :)

Oh, yeah, I forgot to update the forecast: The bears have spoken - another 40 days of winter ahead. :p

18. Silvery

Media:
    Took Ashley to the park today and it was FREEZING! Really cold wind so that when we got back in we were too warm

19. Kitrax

Media:
    Well, that's odd...it's raining for a change. They said we were in for a pretty good snow storm, but the outside temp is still 6 degrees above freezing, and it's now 11pm...so it's not going to get much colder tonight.

At least they were right about the fact that *something* was going to fall from the sky today. :p Saved me the hassle of getting the car washed.

Question for the folks in the UK: how much snow do you guys typically get in a storm? Do you guys only get a light dusting, or do you find yourself digging out after every storm? Just curious, since even the furthest point from the ocean is only 150 miles, so there’s got to be loads of precipitation up in the clouds over you guys.

Where I live, we're surrounded on two sides by mountains...so down in the valley, a typical storm usually dumps between 2-4 inches of snow. When a "big" storm hits, we usually get 8-10 inches.

20. Silvery

Media:
    It depends where you are. Some of the little villages round here got totally snowed in. My village got about 6 inches last time we had a storm but we thought it was going to be a lot worse. Saying that, I have family in Nottingham (about 150miles south) and they couldn't get out of there houses last week!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.