1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fun With Soundsets

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by tjekanefir, Aug 13, 2001.

1. NoYur_Role Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Chalk another candy-ass move to geocites.

When a website is being done right, it's probably not done by Geocities.

Anyway, I would suggest getting wincommander and use that to separate and zip your files, making them smaller and therefore easier to send.

That's how I managed to send my darth vader soundset to SP.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well you can easily split the zip into packs small enough for you to send. Or just zip 5 wavs at a time or whatever. It's no problem putting it all together again on my end.

P.S.
    You had no copies of all that stuff you had on Geocities?! Man, HD wipes there are more frequent than sandstorms in a desert! Automatic scanners go over user folders and if they detect a zip with (possibly) a name of the game on it, they automatically delete the entire thing. That's how they stop warez, but also ruin a ton of other stuff.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited August 23, 2001).]

3. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

So it was the fact that it was a .zip file that did this to me?

*sigh* I suppose this is what I get for being dumb enough to go around following instructions without being tech-savvy enough to know what they do and what the ramifications of them are.

I have my own BGII stuff completely backed up; Orrin's stuff is not. Apparently neither of us was with-it enough to know what formats were used for illegal warez or that this caused Geocities to erase your stuff regularly, and I wasn't even with-it enough not to just try things randomly without knowing more about them first. Mea culpa.

Anyway, it looks like the site is back up (for now at least), but Orrin said Geocities yelled at him about some people accessing my files remotely instead of from a link from the site, so if anyone still wants this soundset please go to http://www.geocities.com/bigorrin/amn3.htm and click on the link to it from that page. Thanks for all your patience.

[This message has been edited by tjekanefir (edited August 24, 2001).]

4. Gibben Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

"Heh-heh, mule!"

Uh-oh, I've gone and done it . . . .

I had a little too much spare time on my hands today: Ralph Wiggum has his own soundset for Baldur's Gate 2. :D Tjek, if you see this, you might even want to make this Wally's set. It may be found here:
    http://users.erols.com/tpetino/Ralph.zip

For anyone who downloads this, might I suggest the Half-orc Barbarian . . . ?

Overall, the quality's pretty good (except for a few), and I used all 37 sound slots (using the readme.txt file as a guide for which sound gets which name), though the .zip file is just over one meg (about 1.2 megs unzipped). Hopefully, I won't experience the same problems/nightmares that Tjek did with hers . . . . ;)

[This message has been edited by Gibben (edited September 11, 2001).]

5. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Is Ralph Wiggum the son of chief Wiggum (the cop) in the simpsons?
    I´m using Homer Simpsons voice for my sorcerer right now. He rox!! :D

6. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It's very funny, but it's sure not Wally. Do you see Wally whining "Ow! I bit my tongue!" when somebody hit him! *laugh* Wally is almost certainly voiced by some clever, obnoxious, and foul-mouthed comedian. I'm sure I could piece one together if I tried hard enough...

7. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] 'that blast came from the deathn star!' LOL!
    I love star wars!
    whoops! didnt see the ralph wiggum post above! sorry...
    what about when hes idle then he can say: "Sleep! thats where Im a viking"

When Hes near death he can say: "ow! I bit my tounge!"

When He Gets a critical hit he can say: "my cat smells like cat-food"
    LOL! that would be great!

[This message has been edited by The Grim Ripper (edited September 11, 2001).]

8. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Now for the revolution in sound sets. Anybody want to make one out of... Oh, say, dramatic musical cues? I would, but first of all, it'd be horrid, and second of all, I can't record them....

9. Gibben Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes, Zaragoth, Ralph is Chief Clancy Wiggum's son from The Simpsons.

Hmmm, Tjek - I guess Wally would be better represented by the likes of George Carlin, Henny Youngman, and Rodney Dangerfield: "Oh, uh, yeah, Jaheira, that cape looks great on you. (Now I know why Tigers eat their young . . . .)" "My girl, Viconia, always told me I was one-in-a-million . . . we got to Ust'Natha and I knew what she meant." "Hey, Aerie, you're the 'wind beneath my wi-' oh, sorry . . . ." "When they made you, Anomen, they 'broke the mold . . .' then, kicked the crap outta the mold-maker."

. . . maybe even a little Sam Kinison thrown in . . . ? ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.