1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fun With Soundsets

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by tjekanefir, Aug 13, 2001.

1. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

*gasping with laughter* Okay, so I tried putting in a custom soundset on my new BG2 game. I used clips from Star Wars. All Lando Calrissian lines (it's a long story). So the character goes "Red group, gold group, follow me!" when you put him in the lead, "It's not my fault!" when his weapon is ineffective, etcetera, etcetera. Seemed cute.

So I start the game up, he's in the cage and Irenicus is torturing him. He makes the generic groan a couple of times, then Irenicus zaps him with a magic missile or something and from out of nowhere he shouts "That blast came from the Death Star!"

I just about wet myself. *more laughing*

2. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

lol too. I love Starwars. I've tried adding a few custom sound sets myself. I currently use one with me speaking (which is very sad I admit). Maybe you should offer your Starwars one to Sorcerer's.....

3. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Unfortunately, it's not that high-quality as a soundset overall, due to the lines being from a movie soundtrack--there's background noise and pieces of a John Williams soundtrack behind them. (-: I really just did it for fun... but that one occurrence was so funny I just had to share it with someone. *wink*

4. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] do you put the sound set files in your override folder or what?

(i obviously can't figure out how to implement the ones that i downloaded)

5. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

No unzip them into the folder called sounds and then they should show up in the sound sets either when you create your character or you can get to them from the customize screen.

6. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

If you're using your own sound clips, you just have to rename them all. In the readme.txt file that came with the game, it tells you how to name them all. It's pretty easy, like "XXXXXXA.wav" is the battle cry. So I took my battle cry (Lando yelling YEEEEEEEhah!), and named it LandoA.wav, and put it in the Sounds folder. I did this with all the soundfiles (LandoB, LandoC, LandoE, etc.), and then when I went into the game I could pick "Lando" as a soundset instead of Male003 or something.

Hope that wasn't too confusing...

7. NoYur_Role Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I submitted the darth vader Voice Pack a couple of days ago (It should be in the BGII custum hacks section). Took a bit of doing, but I must admit was was extremely pleased with the result. Feel free to post feedback here.....

8. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Darth Vader.... OH, this is even more hilarious than Lando. Now all I need is a Darth Vader avatar.... tjekanefir, you should submit your Lando sounds; lots of people have submitted movie sounds w/background noises and the sets are none the worse for it.

9. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Well, maybe I will, then. How do I put them in a single file to upload, though? I've never done that before.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There's a Darth Vader portrait (I assume this is what you mean by avatar) included in the soundset you can download from SP.

tjekanefir, go to http://www.winzip.com and download WinZip. Then just pack all the files into one archive and send it to me.

11. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Ok, I made a zip file of my Lando soundset for you. I uploaded it to my website: http://www.geocities.com/bigorrin/lando.ZIP

You can do whatever you want with it, it's just for fun. (-: The best part of the soundset is hearing your character yell "That blast came from the Death Star!" when Irenicus zaps him...

[This message has been edited by tjekanefir (edited August 22, 2001).]

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Says here there's nothing at that url...

13. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Yeah, I screwed up the URL when I entered it the first time. Sorry. I fixed it now, and you should be able to reach it.

The link from this board doesn't seem to work for some reason, and I'm not tech-savvy enough to figure what I've done wrong. If you cut and paste the text "http://www.geocities.com/bigorrin/lando.ZIP" into your browser, it should take you to the file, but clicking the link from my post takes you to an error page. *scratches head*

[This message has been edited by tjekanefir (edited August 22, 2001).]

14. Gibben Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Anybody have a suggestion as to which software might be better for extracting/cropping sound files? I've spliced together files before, but forget which software I used, and it was many years ago.

Am putting together one, compliments of Ralph Wiggum . . . "We're going to be in a pie!" . . . "I bent my Wookie!" . . . "Weeee! Ow! I bit my tongue!" . . . "Sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!" etc.

Priceless. I think I'll use this set for an half-orc barbarian . . . .

15. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Hee hee hee! Gibben, that's a riot!

16. Sparhawk Gems: 4/31

I'm using the Guybrush Threepwood voice pack, 4 some reason I find him less irritating than the others

17. NoYur_Role Gems: 4/31

Hey Tjek, could you send to soundset to SP for them to put up? Tried the stuff you had up in the earlier posts but still couldn't get it....

18. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

I think the file might have been larger than would fit on the free Geocities website I'm using; uploading it has broken the website. I'm in deep doody with the webmaster right now, so once we get that all straightened out, I'll see about a different way of getting the soundset to y'all. Sorry about the delay.

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Just send it to me and I'll put it on SP for all to download. sorcerer -AT- sorcerers.net

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited August 23, 2001).]

20. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

*sigh* I'm sorry, Taluntain, I've been trying very hard to do what you asked and give you this file but Geocities has apparently -deleted- my friend's website over this. My BGII page was only one small part of this site--there were about 40 pages of detailed information about American Indian languages which have been completely destroyed by Geocities because of something having to do with this @!$%#!! soundset. I still have not figured out what. The only thing I can think of is copyright infringement (since I took these clips from a movie without permission).

I really, really tried to do what you wanted but it has done nothing but destroy months of my friend's hard work for no reason I understand. I cannot email the file to you because my email cannot use attachments that large. You cannot link to it on my site because my site no longer exists. I don't know another way to let you see/use it. None of this is your fault; I just hope you aren't going to be angry at me for not letting you see the file like you wanted. Frankly I wish I had never made it.

--L

[This message has been edited by tjekanefir (edited August 23, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.