1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'd have to give a "high five" to the guy who invented bagel. Bagel rocks! Btw, we need a high five smily.

Random fruits; melon!

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Dalveen, my condolences. Where I live there is no public transport (typical in rural American, or even small to medium city America) so when car dies, one is up the creek.

Yesterday snow off and on, today ice on roads and still rather cold temperatures, though the sun is trying to come out. I am fretting about the work piling up since I was off for the MLK holiday yesterday and haven't been able to get out of the driveway today. So instead of fretting I'm babbling.

The cupboard is a little bare right now so I am enjoying oatmeal two times a day. No one's fault but mine for not getting to the store before the weather made the parking lots too slippery for a :geezer: like me to chance falling on.

Funny, I don't worry too much about driving (though I do worry if the roads are icy and then I don't) but I worry a lot about falling and getting hurt once I get out of the car.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My mum once fell out her car when she tried to get a ticket from a carpark barrier machine. She opened the door because she couldn't reach, still couldn't reach so took off her seatbelt. She then streched right out the door and fell out!

She also once got the hoover out and put it on the lawn when she meant to get out the lawn mower. Didn't notice until one of the neighbours started laughing.

Maybe it's time she got help...

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    That reminds me of a funny TV add from a few years ago :)

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I want to leave school... maybe move out to LA and make movies.

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You and about 2 million other school kids!

7. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    I'm leery of ordering things online since the concept of standardized sizing of womens clothing is a joke at best. Going up to cold areas before I have warm stuff just doesn't sound like a good idea, either. Hence, dilemma.
    EDIT: I should have specified by "things" I meant clothing. I've ordered non clothing items online plenty of times.

I watched the inauguration streamed on CNN. I got permission from my boss to have the audio on, normally a no-no since I work in a library setting. She was watching it on my computer, too. :D

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  8. revmaf

More power to you. Though if it's high school you're talking about, I would at least finish that.

And be prepared to support yourself. It was a rude shock to me when I had to start paying my own bills. But once you're over the shock it's kind of liberating to be in charge of your life.

ION, I did straggle in to the office, ice-skated in, and found everything shut down for the day. So I came home in time to watch part of the inauguration, at least the swearing in part, and I have stuff with me to work on from here. Now you do notice what I'm doing instead of working, don't you . . . :D

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I want to leave school, move to LA, and find myself a sugar momma :D

In fact I have been saying for years that I'll take my junior year off to find one.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

No, I finished highschool, I wanna leave college, it is yucky...

Yeah, supporting myself might be a different matter... for now I have to suck it up and finish school.

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I Still haven't started Uni (I think that's your collage equivalent). So I'm doing as little as possible. :)

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I watched a few bits and pieces of the inauguration today before I left the house to pay bills etc. Being Canadian I wouldn't normally watch something like that but this one was different. Lets hope he can accomplish most of what he wants to. The worlds expectations are high.

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

OHIP covers the medical bills, so that's one thing taken care of. The rest of it is up to the Doctors, the family and friends around and God...

14. Dice

Media:
    My son is coming upstairs soon and I'm going to have to show him his gerbil who is dying in my hand right now. Poor little thing is curled up in a ball with very little movement and she feels cold but she is still alive.

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I'm not sure who's worse off. The gerbil (dieing but hopefully not feeling much pain) , Your son (losing a pet is a sad experience) or you (Having to tell your son). :o

16. Dice

Media:
    My son has two gerbils. I know that they are rodents but they have always been together and they always cuddle together when they go to sleep in their nest. If rodents feel love then I know that they love each other. So I guess there is someone else who is going to feel bad if little Gizo dies

edit*
    The weird thing is my gem just changed with this post. King's Tear. Little bit of irony.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm supporting myself... while in school... I rule :rolleyes:

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...that's a pretty heavy laptop. :p
    Is your thumb broken too? I forgot what show I was watching when I saw, but a hitchhiker was holding a sigh that simply said, "Won't kill you." :shake:
    Don't. LA is dirty, expensive, and overcrowded.
    There's a better idea...Saber, you should take note of this. You'll have more luck if you're willing to settle for someone like Betty White...but then, she's more like a sugar grand-mamma... :shake:

19. revmaf

You do rule, Chicken! :thumb:

I supported myself in graduate school, with some scholarship and loan money. Though a loan turns into a moan once you start paying it off - but I'm still glad I got the schooling. OTOH I mostly enjoyed my education once I escaped high school.

Today it is down to 5F (which works out perfectly to -15C, no decimals to round off) and schools are out again due to road conditions and uninhabitable buses. Hmm, we are getting into makeup territory - they'll soon have to start adding time on at the end of the school year to make up the required instructional days with the state.

I am so glad I can mention the weather here, since I admit it is a :geezer: topic. But if you can't babble on BoM, where can you?

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG]
    That laptop is the backup that I borrowed from a friend. That's what I'm on now. The other one is my own :)

What happened to the Not-More-Than-500-Posts-in-RBP-Rule? Lots has changed since I was here last. I need to revise :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.