1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Class starts tomorrow, with " Late Roman Empire History ". It'll be awesome! Only I need to get to bed early, possibly *gasp* before midnight. Hate morning class, meh.

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, maybe this is indeed what she wants to do. But read all the fine print. Remember Stop Loss? All those soldiers thought they knew when their enlistments were up - and then, whoops, they weren't. The way most military organizations work, "guarantees" don't actually mean anything. If the service requires it, she could deploy right out of basic.

I'm in such a foul humor today, and I guess that last paragraph proves it - but it's still true.:p

Cold, rainy, too much work - going back in to the office after the first weekend of the new year has been awful, even if I did put in some time on Jan. 2 to try to ease the shock. :o

3. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sends revmaf a hug-in-a-box & a cookie.
    Remember revmaf behind that dark cloud . . . . . . . . . there is a darker one racing in to take its place:D JK

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Most of my year last year was like that.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

When did you turn philosoph, Marty?

6. martaug Gems: 23/31

Saw it on a T-shirt i think ;)

7. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    From what I've seen so far the local libraries in Quebec are very good and have a huge amount of fiction in English and French. Even if your local library doesn't have the book you want chances are another one will and they tend to transfer the books for you for free.

8. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    For all of those still celebrating Christmas in terms with Julian calendar, Merry Christmas. (Hristos se rodi!) :)

Tomorrow (technically, since it's 3am) is the last day of my holiday break. I'm not too thrilled with the thought of returning to school.

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I still have about a week or 2 before I have to start Uni.

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just watched The Prophesy (The first one) I haven't seen it in a long time and I didn't remember any of it. I did remember however that it has Christopher Walkin in it and he is my favorite actor. Viggo Mortensen is cool too and he makes such a great satan. Why is it the the villains are always so much more interesting than the heros?

Weather is still cold here, I wish it was summer again.

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I had the weirdest headache the other day. My left temple felt like someone was driving a nail though my skull, the vision in my right eye was all distorted (not blurry like when you take your glasses off), and I couldn't talk right...I knew what I wanted to say, but the words that came out didn't make sense. :skeptic: It wasn't like the typical migraine either, I didn't have any sensitivity to sound or light, no nausea, no dizziness...

600mg of Ibuprofen and a lot of water took care of everything except the headache...which didn't fully go away until I had a 10 hour nap.

The wife is making me go see our doctor because it doesn't sound right. She thinks I had a mini-stroke, I bet her it's either nothing, or a malignant brain tumor that's very contagious and we're all going to die. :skeptic: We'll see who's right.

12. martaug Gems: 23/31

OOPS!:doh:
    Sorry kitrax, i was messing around with the voodoo dolls & must have gotten yours mixed up with somebody elses.
    Thats always so embarrassing:shame:

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    -_-

You need to be more careful when you decide to play with your dolls. :p

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I just realized my cat has been staring at me for the past half an hour.

Sort of creepy. But also cute. :spin:

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Worst. Shift. Ever. I am SO gonna get wasted tonight.

16. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

How do I get motivated to revise!? Its so boring and Left 4 Dead so tempting. :confused:

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My coursework is so dull right now. I have to get my portfolios to my tutors for last term and I wasn't there for some of the stuff so it's going to look so pathetic :(

Also been given deadlines for warhammer stuff by a kinky GW manager Sal and I are friends with who is refusing to say what my punishments will be if targets are not met :mommy:

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    :sick: and going back to school.. by a 5 am bus.

On the plus side, I'll spend the next 9 hours reading CNS pharmacology, maybe gaming and *crosses fingers* just maybe RP-ing. It will be a good night.

martaug: You sure picked an interesting brain region to poke with needles... :p

Kit: Good luck for the doctor visit.

EDIT: Check this out: Book of Hours,
    Bruges, 1494. Vellum, 152 leaves, 126 x 91 mm :love:

Click on the butterfly, for full beauty

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I passed all my classes last term! Yayness! Also, my roman teacher is a German Swiss and all the historical maps are in ... German. It seems my two term in college learning that language will be useful! Apparently the latest historical atlas is only available in German, a reason I find hard to believe. I mean, it's the roman empire we're talking about here, the borders aren't likely to change even if the book was published in the 50s, no?

But enough of that nonsense, I got my grades! W00t.

20. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Good for you, Flix. :thumb:

And Martaug, thanks for the thought. Sure enough, today was worse. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.