1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

good and evil

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by schwartr, Dec 9, 2008.

1. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I may not have seen Anomen say that, if he did he is a bigot. However halflings aren't paladins because of the stupid racial restrictions of the game's character generation. Not because other paladins are somehow keeping halflings from becoming paladins, ditto with halfling mages. I know I already pointed out that racial restrictions are rightfully done away with in later versions of the game SoA is based on so this point is already moot anyway. And blaming the Radiant Heart for the problem is not addressing the accurate source (and that is like blaming someone across the street when you stub a toe), also I recall that one of the paladins from the Radiant Heart ends up marrying a gnome-hard to argue the they are racist on that basis.

Also Keldorn appears to have sincere respect for Aerie and Mazzy.

In order to be a proper cleric of Shar (as well as most other D&D gods) you are required to do various things. Thus Shar requires Viccy to do something evil sooner or later and, as a faithful cleric, it can be expected that Viccy follows along (perhaps just in SoA and the events leading to it, but SoA is the timeframe we're discussing).

Drizzt's many good deeds have proven he isn't on an evil path. It is hard to say that Viccy is the same when you meet her in SoA. And yes he doesn't treat drow the same as other elves and so on. Also this is in part prejudice and in part understandable as drow culture in D&D is based on cruelty whereas others are not. If you thought it was likely someone was raised to embrace deception, murder, and generally being evil would you be more suspicious of that person?

I looked through the list of dialogues Korgan has and only found one with Keldorn. In it Keldorn seems to go from a dim view of Korgan to a dim view of the world. Is there one I haven't seen because that is pretty different from being enamored with him.

No, sometimes you're wrong.... very wrong.;)

I don't recall ever saying all ogres are bad eggs, don't try to put words in my mouth. And I already mentioned that they took the false claims they were given as evidence, thus it isn't a situation of "no evidence" but rather bad evidence.

I think Garren Windspear may disagree with you over if it is really Firkragg's domain. Also Firkragg was an active source of harm, to retrieve a relic from and eliminate an active evil is 2 pluses in one event. It is easy to argue that if Firkragg hadn't done (and actively been doing) the various evil things he had they would have let him keep the sword. If they really really wanted it back they may have tried to cut a deal with him if he wasn't such a big source of problems and evil for the rest of society, certainly not send you out to slay him. To ignore the bad things Firkragg did is to ignore the whole situation and you are trying to argue that they somehow were (a point I disagree with you on).

Enforcing laws that are unjust strikes me as just "following orders" when a soldier is told to do or be something bad. Note that official international law in the real world has done away with that excuse. We have already been over the points related to Viccy.

Even if it is less arbitrary it is not a good or even fair thing to do, the point still stands. Already been over the point about the paladins, and to say they attacked your party just because of how they looked is incorrect.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Really good points, please keep posting.

I had Anomen long enough to find out that that guy has nothing of a goody two shoes and is more of a bigot/arrogant fool (depending on your take on him).

3. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Valygar will also attack Edwin (this is more random than Minsc - generally if you take your PC off alone scouting, or whatever, and leave those two idle, they often end up at each other's throats. Bear in mind Val hates mages, and Edwin's not just a mage, but an evil mage).

4. virtualsri Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sir Keldorn Firecam would happily kill a cowled wizard (Raeic Gaethras)

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 12 seconds later... ----------

Edwin is attacked by Minsc and Valygar, and he initiates a fight with Keldorn.

A simple reload should do the trick, or else install the happy patch from gibberlings 3, or the IEP Banter pack from spellhold studios, the former eliminates any fight between NPC's and the latter give you an opportunity to intervene once the fight breaks of, both of them have no issues regarding installation or any other bugs

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.