1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Patches

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MagicPot, Dec 11, 2008.

1. MagicPot Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] The site here has an unofficial patch from "Moebius" and I'm wondering if it's necessary, since the readme isn't exactly clear and from the description it looks like it adds extra stuff in such as a level uncap (stuff I could do without)?

Just got TOEE so bear with me :-)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This is something that was integrated into the Co8 mod pack, so if you've got that, you don't need it at all. And even if you don't, it's optional, so it's up to you if you want to install it or not. The most severe bugs are fixed by the official patches.

3. MagicPot Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I only installed patch 1 and 2. Aside from a wierd software exception error whenever I exit the game, the thing seems to be running smoothly. I am still in the first town and haven't played much. It seems like a smoother version of Icewind Dale.
    Would you recommend the CO8 mod?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Definitely, though you might want to go through the game without it on the first go just so you can see what the original is like because Co8 adds a lot of new content besides the fixes.

5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    If I may chime in here, just FYI you can install the latest Co8 modpack (version 5.5.0 BETA) and still play the original unmodded game via the front end utility (Agetian's 'ToEE Front End X'). It allows you to play multiple modules at the same time without uninstalling/reinstalling everything. :)

And I agree - definitely play the unmodded game first. Due to it's combat-oriented-ness (and story-lite-ness ;)), ToEE is extremely replayable.

6. MagicPot Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks for the help

7. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    For reference, the original game got screwed by Atari, and I think Atari dipped their hands into the official patches, too, turning them into toxic waste in the process. Get the Co8 mods and the front end loader. Even if you only play the original, they actually fix things, including adding descriptions back into the game.

8. MagicPot Gems: 1/31

I read about the Atari dilemma. It's the first time I've ever heard of a company forcing the developers to not release a patch. I'll definitely try the Co8 mod in the future.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.