1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Importing from BG1

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by omnigodly, Dec 7, 2008.

1. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I installed BG2 on my laptop and attempted to import my bg1 toon (with and without ToB installed) and both times it said that I needed to choose whether to import from bg1 or bg2, but never actually had any buttons or anything to choose bg1 from. Only lets me choose from bg2 character/saves. I don't have any patches or mods installed, because my laptop doesn't have acces to internet, could that be the cause?

Thanks for any help.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Is BG1 actually installed? Is it in the same directory as BG2

3. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

It's installed under Black Isle, but not under BG2:SOA folder. I did a full install of BG1.

4. Blatchford Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You should have your character exported automatically into the bg1 characters folder when you enter the sarevok fight. Make a copy of that exported file and place it into the bg2 characters folder, it should then appear in the list of bg2 characters to import.
    Hopefully that should fix it, it's what I always do anyway.

starfox64 likes this.
  5. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

I did do that, and it did work, I wasn't sure if it worked right or wrong though, which is why I posted. I'm unsure if it's an issue with my having the 3disc version of BG1/TotSC or if it's something else that could be a potential problem.

Thanks for the respones guys.

6. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

This is how I've always done it. It doesn't seem like there's any other way to do it.

7. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I use a mac and moved a copy of the saved file from an earlier BG2 when moving a party from SoA to ToB. Similar situation, took the right copy out of the saved games folder for one and put it into the same for the other.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.