1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Creating Items - New "Cromwell's Smithy" Utility

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Hauk Mahng, May 12, 2004.

1. Hauk Mahng Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Has anyone gotten the new "Cromwell's Smithy" utility to work for SOA? (It's available on this site). After I install, and run "Smithy.exe", I get this error message:
    --------------------------
    Run-time error '339':

Component 'TABCTL32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
    I'm sure there are lots of other folks out here that want to create items but don't want to go thru all the technical jargon.

If anyone knows of any other similar programs that work to copy and alter SOA weapons and other items, please let me know.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've uploaded a fixed version today, see if you're still having problems.

3. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Just on that note I was wondering if anyone could e-mail me the read-me of that mod. I lost it somehow and i havn't got the original zip file.

4. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Hi Guys! Really nice site. Lots of helpful people here as well. Not to rain on the party but i've tried everything to get Cromwells Smithy to work. Have the latest VB Runtimes but still get the error message with the new download. Hope maybe someone might help me. Thanks!

5. Hauk Mahng Gems: 1/31

Thanks. I tried out the new Cromwell's Smithy but like the dark haired beauty, I still got the same error message too. I definitely ran the version with the new time stamp. Anything else that can be checked?

Razal'dar, did you get yours to work?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There's no readme because it's still in beta... but it should have the author's mail in the About of the program. Mail him the url of this topic, people have had problems with his program before. I'll tell him to check it out of I see him around.

7. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Thanks Tal!

8. Sendel'ar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

'TABCTL32.ocx' is an OCX used in Visual Basic for the TAB Control I used in the program.

You can get the ocx from here:
    http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/TABCTL32.OCX

or search for any other site having the dll.

The new version has a readme file attached. Perhaps you would like to check that? I don't think it would help a lot though, as it doesn't refer to VB runtimes.
    You can mail me anytime about program bugs to The_Only_Drago@yahoo.com

9. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Thank you so much!!!!!!!! The OCX file did the trick. Intelligence may be measured by IQ but a wise man is measured by his deeds. Once again thank you. ;)

10. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Sendel'ar, the last version you sent me still has no readme. And how about packaging all the needed ocx's and dll's along with your program? You can't expect people to hunt around for them on their own...

11. Hauk Mahng Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Thanks Sendal'ar. That TABCTL32.OCX file handled that error message but now I get a similar message for another OCX file:

-------------------------
    Run-time error '339':

Component 'RICHTX32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Dark Haired Beauty, does yours actually work now?

12. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Yes it works. I downloaded the latest Visual Basic Runtimes from Microsoft then the ocx link. Moved the ocx file into the tools smithy file told it where to find the directory then BINGO. Its working. In the process of learning to use it at the moment. :D

13. Sendel'ar Gems: 3/31

Tal, yes that would be a nice idea, but... perhaps I will get sued? Gonna pack it today again with the readme and the tutorial and a few of those problematic dlls and ocxs, and if law problems occur I'll just have to get them out of the package. :(

EDIT: Okey, packed today along with the readme, a tutorial, and two ocxs (the ones you said were missing).
    You will still need the VB6 Runtime Files though: http://www.teambg.net/forum/?act=Attach&type=post&id=85954 to get them (for anybody who doesn't already have them).

[ May 14, 2004, 16:24: Message edited by: Sendel'ar ]

14. Taluntain

Media:
    I seriously doubt anyone will sue you over this, so no worries. Send me the updated package to put on SP when you're done.

15. Hauk Mahng Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Awesome, I downloaded the runtime files you linked and the Smithy is up and running. Thanks Sendal'ar! Now, let's see if Cromwell can whittle this Celestial Fury Katana into one of a pair of butterfly swords...

Dark Haired Beauty - thanks for letting me know on getting the runtime files from Microsoft. I wouldn't have thought of that (to be honest, I don't even know what they are :rolleyes: ).

[ May 15, 2004, 07:18: Message edited by: Hauk Mahng ]

16. Sendel'ar Gems: 3/31

Taluntain - sent to [snip]
    Remember guys, Visual Basic tools want Visual Basic dlls. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  17. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] You sure you didn't send to the wrong one again? Because I didn't get anything...

18. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] The latest version has been on SP for the last few days now, just FYI.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.