1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuff That Annoys You

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Alura Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

These are mine so far:

-people who cut their hair
    -people who compliment people who cut their hair
    -that having long fingernails has so many cons and about half a pro
    -and that filing said nails into sharp claws greatly increases the cons and barely puts the half a pro to a full pro
    -the fact that I like animals a lot more than they like me (I wish I had the Animal Empathy skill)
    -people in wheelchairs that get off the bus after only a few blocks (and with motorized chairs, no less!)
    -cars that hold up traffic in their lane by stopping and waiting for me to finish crossing when I’m only halfway across the street
    -people that try to cross the street at all the wrong times and areas because they are in a hurry (it’s not annoying, just funny… though will probably become annoying when I start driving)

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Um.

Admittedly, I've never gone just a few blocks in my wheelchair. But seriously. Why would THAT annoy you? Wheelchair batts are exceptionally expensive for one thing and in a manual chair pushing yourself around can be hellish. If for a quid I can make that easier for myself I don't see why I shouldn't take that opportunity.

It's not like people are in wheelchairs by choice.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I totally agree with 8

Anyways, I have a spot that is currently trying to take over my face. I've sent in the spot treatment but it's making a counter attack using yesterdays make-up that I didn't quite get off!

4. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Having to cut my hair for the first time in about 2 years so that people will give me a job. :o

Its whats on the inside though that makes one a hippy, not the hair, I know...but still...it was the principle...the principle... :o

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    (a) Living in Cologne and having to work on 11.11. at 11:11 am :1eye:
    (b) Games that don't work.

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    People who are so wrapped up in there own problems that they refuse to accept that there are people in the world who are much worse off. People who have illness's that are treatable who don't care about others around the world who just have to get on with it because they don't have health care in their country. People who think things like oxfam unwrapped is a waste of time because it doesn't help them even though they are getting all the help that it's possible to get

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Darn windblows without the darn drivers for the monitor and the soundcard and my darn comp still not working. Darn. Dagnammit. Darned! :bang:

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Giant Radscorpions. ALL I WANT TO DO IS GO FOR A WALK.

It's not an excuse for a scorpion the size of a car to sneak up behind me and molest me :(

Also, those who are inconsiderate. I'm including anyone who thinks someone in a wheelchair shouldn't use a bus for short journeys in that, as well as anyone who thinks they're at the very bottom of the pile in the world and are utterly ignorant to the suffering of others. There are people worse off than you, simple as that.

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    This post made me LOL.

I'm annoyed by people who get annoyed at things. And paradoxes. I'm annoyed at paradoxes too.

But in general I'm annoyed at the world at large for doing utterly stupid things, like destroy the earth, treat each other like crap, and making a game out of Dante's Inferno. :p

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hypocrites and people who are inclined to think that they're holier-than-thou, whether saints or sinners.

Hey, don't get me wrong: we all have the base urge to feel superior. Shucks, let's face it, you, yes you ARE far better than someone else. Or far worse than the worst nightmare. So let's just all rub it into someone else's face, allright? That'll work, and it's sure to be effective in the long run as well, since no way there can be any backlash...

This as well: short-sighted people who have no grasp of consequences.

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You mean the entirety of the human species? :shake: :p

12. Alura Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I feel really bad now, and I wish to apologize. I don’t have anything against people in wheelchairs. And it doesn’t really bother me if someone decides to get off after only a few blocks. I just wish that buses could hasten the wheelchair on/off process. But I understand that there are all the safety procedures.

I don’t know if I’m really helping myself out here and I figure that some people will never forgive me for putting it as an annoyance.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Most people forgive easily here... besides everyone finds delays on the bus annoying.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Ahh, understandable. I rarely had to go through the whole palava of getting on and off. I'd usually need a bit of help hopping on and hopping off agaain. Then just wheel into place and apply brakes. Problem being in the UK only a certain percentage of busses in a fleet need to be crip friendly. Not a percentage per route, just per fleet. If I was in the wheelchair I couldn't get to uni as I couldn't even conceive getting onto a bus! That was rather irritating as well.

Something new that annoys me today.

People calling me common.

ME?! Common of all things! Honestly. From one of the most common women I know... in fact I'd still call her a girl. Honestly. Common?!

So I don't go around halls dressed up, perfect makeup, long flowing gowns and expensive jewellery. I am CERTAINLY nothing merely COMMON.

My apologies for not utilising my elocution lessons in common speech against such hordes of ignorance in monosyllabic conversations on how you're the centre of your own personal universe where I am quite certain your bodily functions are of utmost interest.

OH SORRY WAS THAT TOO MANY SYLLABLES FOR YOU!?

Well beg my pardon, madam if using more traditional english phrases and terminology and actually posessing a fairly varied vocabulary appears far too above my station but I'm afraid your blank stares are really not worth my time to explain once more in a dozen words what I have just clearly stated in three. :mad:

Then to have the gall to call me COMMON?! I have a bit of class thank you very much. Snobbish as it may sound I refuse to be classified alongside people who quite frankly feel they are superior as they are 'with it' and doing a fashion degree whilst claiming they are dying from a common cold while their tipple of choice is a vodka and red bull.

I think I prefer it when I'm called posh and teased for my manner of speech. I shall certainly refrain from dumbing down to suit the more common parlance of students and imbeciles which I appear to commonly engage with.

15. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    LMFAO

16. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hear hear! Let the tea be served!

17. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Ahh, music to my ears 8. Thank you most kindly. Never tone that rich language down. Not in here at least :D

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

When I went back to church and had to give up the booze and dope, it didn't bother me. I can be around people drinking or toking without it bothering me or wanting to drink or toke with them. But now that I'm trying to diet, it's not the same with candy and chocolate. Reading about Kit Kat bars in the RB really felt like torture...

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    :lol:

I have discovered I hate a beyond normal hatred for griefers in online games. They annoy the hell out of me.
    That is all.

20. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Whats a griefer?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.