1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC quotes

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Vhailor, Feb 25, 2008.

1. jiansonz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Media:
    "Elminster this, Elminster that. Give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I´ll kick his a***!"
    /Edwin (in BG1)

Minsc also has a few very funny 'repeat selected' dialogues:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, watch it! I´m huge!"

"There is strength in numbers, and I am two or three at least!"

2. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Elven Madman: You want Yakman to sleep? Yakman never sleep!

Protagonist: You never sleep? You must sleep. If you didn't sleep, it would drive you... oh.

3. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Cespenar: Why you have so many rings? Are you being unfaithful? CESPENAR KNOWS YOUR NAME!

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Cespenar is in ToB, unsuitable forum, etc etc blah blah.

I find Cernd's speech to Edwina about "the great oak falls, to be replaced by bushes and burrows" hilarious. :D

5. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

That one slayed me too. I have only taken Cernd through the entire game once, and had heard he had some hilarious exchanges with Edwina. It's so worth it just for that. :D

(For the record, his druid spells are pretty awesome by the time you get to ToB so don't write him off because of his crappy stats).

Ah, his response to the "lowly knobgoblin" quote. Cracked me up too. :D

6. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    "We're all doomed.", "Life is so hollow.", "Our quest is vain.", "Oh, what is the point."
    -All that is Xan :p

(minor spoiler)
    Not really an npc quote but in the Limited Wish quest when you find yourself face to face with the ogre and go into conversation you'll have to choose between a list of diplomatic responses and one violent response. As you begin to learn more and more about the ogre though that particular response become increasingly more violent, from "An ogre! Die!" to "A talking ogre! Die!" to "An ogre-mage! Die!" to "A bargaining ogre! Die!" or something to that effect, getting more and more ridiculous each time.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  7. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

whoever did the writing for the bg1npc banter pack for bgt. when jahiera says "if a tree falls in the woods.....i'll find the b@$+@rd what did it!" i just about spit coke all over the moniter. All of imoen comments are pretty funny too, imoen the quick & her sidekick(you)

8. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Huh? Jaheira says that in a unmodded BG installation too.

9. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Heh in BG2 Viconia asks Cernd, if a tree falls in the wood, does anyone care?

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Cernd's stats are actually quite decent. All he needs is really the 18 Wis; the other stats can be improved by his werewolfness (IIRC). He gets really awesome if you install WeiDu's improved Werewolf mod, and because the Druid level cap in BG2 is 14, he can get [snip] amazingly early.

Off-topic, but I just wanted to vouch for Cernd's effectiveness. :D

[This is the SoA forum, ToB-only feature removed. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2008
  11. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Well, would've been fine 'cept for the ToB part. Anyway Cernd's already powerful enough as he is. The only real problem with him is that Druids spells are simply harder to figure out at first. ("Nature acts in the simplest way" ~Cernd... :nono:)
    His werewolf forms is just icing on the cake.

12. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

"Don't touch me! I'm super important" - Noble (most of them have this soundset IIRC, but I think I might be wrong..)

13. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The kind of sense of humor I have is that I really don't care if nobody gets it. Among various movie quotes, and other sources, I'm also always tossing around BG quotes. My personal favorite is "I done had about enough of this."

14. Celinda Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Easy.

Misc: "This place stinks of evil. Cover your nose, Boo - we shall leave no orifice untouched!"

Boo: "Squeek SQUEEEK!!!"

(Remember the discussion at the beginning of SOA, when Minsc skirts around explaining how he managed to keep Boo hidden while imprisoned in Irenicus’ dungeon?)

15. Phearlock Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Minsc has a nice one for failed spellcasting too, not often heard because when does he cast spells in combat? =P

Anyway, Minsc: I turned to shield Boo and lost my spell, I am not sorry.

16. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

17. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31

Chelsea, I tried to view your pic, but only got a blank page with a tripod logo

18. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Works for me....

*shrug*

Sorry.

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Cut and paste the URL into your browser. It's another of those things that doesn't work with links.

20. pokeyloki Gems: 3/31

Cut n Paste worked.

You're right Chelsea, that's very funny. It reminds me of every time I've ever got into a . . . discussion with a girlfriend.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.