1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Warcraft & Starcraft' started by Barmy Army, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I haven't heard of Blizzard ever cracking down on that... have there been any cases when a sold character has been deactivated? I mean, every WoW player I know has sold his high level characters once they got tired of them (or WoW altogether)... which seems a very reasonable recompense for the time and effort involved.

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lots and lots of accounts have been perma banned for trading. Generally they only act on blatant cases and people handling it in stupid and obvious ways.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I find Blizzard to be quite good with security on accounts. Mine got hacked a few months ago (back when I was still playing it) and raised a ticket and within 2 or 3 days I had all my gear and gold back, pretty much exactly as it was before.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yeah, hacking accounts happens quite often to be honest. I've met a lot of people and some were waiting for up to few weeks to get their gear back.

As for selling accounts, yeah, it's more of a dont-see-dont-care policy on it. Every now and then they make an example of it, like the guy that sold his acc for 7000€ for being the first rogue with both Illidan blades. They kinda had to take that one down. More annoying are the scammers that prey on people who're trying to sell accounts. They're very convincing (probably because it's well worth it) and i bet they get a lot of people practicaly giving them their account, thinking they're official blizz.

5. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

anyone here play on Vek'nilash? If so hit up Celeth or Cyranus horde side :)

6. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

I've got a 70 orc shaman and a 70 undead frost mage on gul'dan.

7. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Azgalor
    70 paladin
    70 warrior
    70 warlock
    70 rogue
    44 priest

Pally has tanked BT, got a pvp dps set and a t6 worthy healing set :p.

My other toons are kara geared, but I don't put a lot into them. I've stopped playing until I catch up with my classes though, 'cause the game keeps enveloping all my time and energy ><.

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

WOW, oh how I love WOW!!
    Doomhammer and Horde all the way.

Uglidan 70 Orc Hunter
    Fadesaway 70 Undead rogue
    Rangorr 69 Blood Elf Pally
    Brallrock (my first toon on WOW) 36 Tauren Warrior
    Jauntira 47ish Tauren Druid

a few others, to low to count:D

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Since the latest patch the game has been great, they are really setting it up for the expansion. I can't see anyone challenging Blizzard on the MMO market, they are just too damn good. Last week they unleashed a zombieplague on their players, slowly building it up until the zombies had taken over all hte major cities and quest hubs to the outcry to millions of whiners but the total delight to everyone else. You got infected you turned into a zombie who could infect others. It was a blast, seeing hordes of zombies lumber around in the major cities chasing down and killing players, eating the brains of hte guards. Oh yeah, there isn't much RP in WoW but when it appears it is damn good.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've started playing again whilst the girlfriend is away. Oh dear, bye bye social life... !

11. Blatchford Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Mainly play on Shadowsong EU, alliance:
    Ipslore 70 Gnome mage
    Marek 70 Night Elf rogue
    Blatchford 70 Human warrior
    Brevlik 62 Dwarf hunter

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.