1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

A lot of caffeine has come and gone, the ashtray is full, I'm tired, and I'm POed about having to restart LOL:G for THREE times after I forgot 1) The great Orc sword 2) Amanyte (sp?) Serum. As a result of forgetting the sword, I got my ass handed to me big time in the Dracoid Ruins. During the second run, I forgot the damn serum which needs to be mixed wih Silver Leaf. I have yet to find a way to climb back up where it is originally, so I couldn't enter the Claw Mountains.

Yup, a good weekend... and now off to work for a graveyard shift. And then four more. /simulates someone shooting itself in the head

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Wow my computer is so slow at the moment. Think I may need to increase Virtual Memory -_-

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Apparently, the neighbour is planning to sell that part of his property (it's a rather large area for a backyard) and the tree got cut down to make the place more appealing to potential customers. :confused:

I guess it makes sense if someone wants to build something there, but with the summers being as hot as they are, I feel that the massive shade of that tree will be missed. For me, it had a market value on its own.

Afterthought: Hmm, I should post less here in RBP... guess I got carried away. My apologies to those that look after stuff like that. (Great Pink Dragon and Mods come to mind :p )

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Bah. I've given up on getting any sleep tonight. Stupid insomnia.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I feel sorry for you Ziad. Sleep is a good thing. Have you considered visiting friends who are willing to show you a long boring slideshow of family pictures?

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I don't know about you...but if I had an old walnut tree in my back yard (and had access to a woodshop), I'd cut that sucker down in a heartbeat and make something big out of it...like a new bed, desk, dining table, or an entertainment center. :bigeyes: Walnut wood can be a very dark wood with excellent grain patterns...unfortunately, the only walnut I have is a small plaque I made back in high school.
    Heh...I'm sure that dude's life is going to be more interesting for the rest of his college days. :p He is now akin to Neil Armstrong, in that, whenever someone tries to make a point, they will use his story to emphasize their point... "We can send a man to the moon, and yet we can't <insert verb> <insert noun>?" Or in this guy's case... "Damn dude, I can't believe you made out with *her*...well, I guess it wasn't as bad as that one dude who passed out in the showers." :p :grin:
    As mentioned above, I'd be more interested in buying a spot of land if it came with a large quantity of lumber that had a history/connection to the land. :D :rolling:

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Y'know Kitrax, I'm not surprised in the slightest that you'd cut down a large tree to make something from it. Heck, I can even quite vividly imagine you doing it.

8. Kitrax

Media:
    What's *that* supposed to mean? :skeptic:

I appreciate wood, and the fine things you can make with good looking wood...even though I don't necessarily appreciate the tree it came from... While I was working at my last job (the cabinetry shop) I turned your typical Red Oak, Maple, Alder, Cedar, Rosewood, Cherry, Birch, and Poplar trees in to dozens of things from kitchen cabinets to fireplaces.

On a side note...just to piss Lore off....I've cut down more than 40 tress in my life. Most of those where lousy Eucalyptus trees on some land our old church owned...so I was cutting them down in the name of God. :evil: I was using my dad's junker of a chainsaw, which craped out on me towards the end, so I took up the axe for the rest of my 2 days of "service". :D Not sure what the church did with all that wood. :hmm: :rolling:

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Only one thing to say. TIMBER! :spin:

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay!
    I sleep all night and I work all day!

But anyways, treecutting is bad. It makes me sad when trees are cut open to reveal fresh bloody timber within.

Also, Phantom was amazing.

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Another Sunday with no Church. I wish I could sleep when I want to sleep instead of just laying there. The fact that I pay for it the next day really cuts into my CZW time...

12. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    That's easier said then done, Kit, even in RL. I reserve anger for the mistakes I make, not the views and opinions of others.

(Besides, I have a hammer for really bad situations. :p )

I might state my views in a debate, any debate, with conviction and rather passionate defense of the points argued, because I believe that belief enhances eloquence, but anger/rage is not a useful conversation tool - it makes one's arguments seem petty and devalues them. Useless, from the point of rhetoric.

Anyway - trees are getting a thread of their own. :p

Onwards to meaningless babble.

13. Kitrax

Media:
    Another for me too...this is my 200+ Sunday without church if you don't count the few times I made a 15 minute appearance for some baby blessings. :p

In other news, I spent 2 hours trying to get a circuit to work the way I want it to, but ended up in failure. :bang: I'm not sure why, but one of my chips starts to overheat after 10 seconds of normal operation....so durring one of my tests/tweaks I must have done something to it... :bad: :rolling:

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Loreseeker, you only had 4 posts on the last page if I count right... well within the soft limit. There isn't really any hard limit as long as the posts actually have some meat to them.

15. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    This enough?

ION, I've been in a family something meeting, I didn't know anyone so I just hid and watched some telly. And then came back. The end.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  17. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Timber?

18. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Unfortunately I don't think anyone esle saw him... and I have no clue who he was.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I found a fist or a sledgehammer makes for a much more useful conversation tool, so that theory of yours makes sense. :p

20. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Sometimes I think my back would heal faster if I could sleep when I wanted and be able to be awake when I needed to be...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.