1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random music thread

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jack Funk, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Jack - Carl has fantastic techique. He's a favorite of mine as well. Here's one more. This one is alll about the triplets:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

No problem Jack :) I don't think anyone here is actually familiar with trance so i thought I'd post some tracks.

Here's one of the first trance songs I just couldn't stop listening to. These guys make a LOT of good music!

Above & Beyond - Alone Tonight (Original Mix)

Was just wondering, does anyone here listen to the White Stripes?

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Silvershield, I have been known to listen to the white stripes....Lord alone knows why though

4. Fly2tHeSkY

I've never listened to them, however they were on the Simpsons the other night and the song was interesting. Was thinking someone might have liked them here lol.

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I listen to The White Stripes. I think The Hardest Button To Button was featured in The Simpsons. Here are some other songs :)

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The Talking Heads - Tentative Decisions

Ohio Players - Fire (live)

7. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Time for some classics.

Ralph McTell - Streets of London:

Traveling Wilburys - Handle with Care:

Arthur "Dooley" Wilson singing "As Time Goes By" in "Casablanca":

EDIT: Clean forgot The Byrds: Turn Turn Turn

8. Fly2tHeSkY

Diamonds in the Sky - Husky Rescue

One of my favourites from the Ministry of Sound's "Chillout Sessions 10". I couldn't find the version I have, although I think this is the original. Chillout/Deep House genre.

Can't Sleep - Above & Beyond Ft. Ashley Tomberlin

Another one of Above & Beyond's masterpieces. I couldn't find the original album version (well I could but they were all terrible quality :(), so the Original Mix will have to suffice! Trance/Progressive genre.

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Iglu & Hartly - In this City

Pure anthem.

10. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Montresor - Thanks, those are some great classics - George and Roy are missed.

My favorite Italian Chill/Lounge - The Dining Rooms - These guys do some interesting stuf (and some great drums). This one is from Experiments in Ambient Soul:

Another favorite of mine - Thievery Corporation:

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Al Di Meola - Race With Devil Across Spanish Highway

Jeff Beck - Goodbye Pork Pie Hat (I know it's not Mingus, but I like this version)

And I'll add another drum solo, this one by by Neil Peart

@ Chandos: when I was in my late teens, I went to a drum clinic. The feature performance was a drum duet by Bellson and Cobham. Cobham was very popular at the time, but Bellson stole the show.

And I think Silvershield has turned me onto Trance music. Thanks!

Chandos the Red and Jack Funk like this.
  12. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    UNKLE feat. Ian Brown - Be There

The Roots Feat. Cody Chestnut - The Seed 2.0

Propagandhi - A Speculative Fiction

Lyrics:
    A new iron curtain drawn across the 49th parallel. Cut all diplomatic ties as we expel all American dignitaries and issue a nation-wide travel advisory for any others left inside. Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. The burned out shells of south-bound traffic lay strewn along a cold stretch of would-be interstate. Still visible below their charred remains: Pax Americana plates. Your stupid ******* laser-pucks™ were just the start. And while you may stand six full cubits and a span, we got a shepherd’s sling and five stones in our hand and the battle of 1812 lives in our hearts. We don’t care if we’re destroyed. We’ll never capitulate. We’ll take the whole ******* world down with us in flames. Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm. We got a good 15 years left ‘til the United We Stand murals on West Broadway finally fade and we wave good-bye to such sad, childish refrains. Replaced with other stupid lullabies like you can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands. Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.
    Propagandhi - Natural Disasters

Lyrics:
    In which god's name will we be killed? Who's most righteous? Who's most terrified? When your parents left the house we would creep up to their room, to the drawer beside the bed. We would pull out the shining dildo. One side dink, the other side Jesus. Not hedonists. Not atheists. Churchgoers. Blockparents. I wonder what lurks in neighbors' drawers? The most pristine are hiding everything. Is this our "decaying society"? These are the married ones. What about the others? Don't condemn your life to be riddled with shame. Everyone's hands cause natural disasters.

13. Fly2tHeSkY

I'm glad you like it!

If you liked those tracks then you'll most probably enoy this one too. It's from Armin van Buuren's "A State of Trance 2008".

Fake Awake (The Blizzard Remix) - Andy Moor

The last two minutes of the song are missing, although the best parts are still present :D

14. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Barry White - Never gonna give you up

AC/DC - Little Lover

15. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Splunge - I'm fan of Jeff Beck as well. Here's a classic with Jeff:

Robben Ford:

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:

A fabulous song that is guarenteed to annoy people eventually!!

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Indeed. Roy Orbison had one of the best voices I've ever heard. Which reminds me...

Roy Orbison - In Dreams:

On an even more sentimental note: Abba - Slipping Through My Fingers:

18. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Sam Cooke- A Change is Gonna Come

Bruce Springsteen... best version of The River I've ever heard.

Jack Funk likes this.
  19. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Ennio Morricone - The ecstasy of gold

California Guitar Trio - Ghost riders on the storm

Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Jerusalem

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Gustav Holst - Jupiter
    My favorite of The Planets. And this conductor really loves his music :)
    If you don't want to listen to the whole 8 minutes, at least listen between 3:07 and 4:57 - That's the best part IMO :)
    Embedding was turned off for this one...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B49N46I39Y

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.