1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Me and my ex have been stuck in a 'still having sex and spending lots of time together, but not actually in a relationship because she "doesn't know what she wants"' for a few weeks now. Tonight we've been out and had a good time, but I've had a good moan at her since I've got home, about not knowing where I stand and it's unfair to string me along. It's high time she realised what she wants, and I've told her that. A discussion ensued, and I'm still non-the-wiser about what she wants from me. She tells me every day she cares about me, loves me even, and I'm the greatest guy she knows, but doesn't what what she wants right now, as our relationship has been a bit up and down sicne day one. We care loads about each other though, it's weird. Some couples just aren't meant to be, but I feel we can work, and it'd be a shame to lose each other. She's now gone to bed, it'll be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

I want to give her space to decide, but I don't want to spend long without seeing her as I'm scared she'll find someone else whilst I'm giving her space to decide. She's a very beautiful girl and will not be left wanting for good-looking young lads to fill the gap I've left.... Oh well, what to do with it eh, what to do!!!

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Missed you too, Charl. :shake:

On a more serious note, though... the one chick who got under my skin is involved in a relationship, not to mention there's a lot I do not know about her, and the opposite... bottom line is, despite her getting under my skin, I won't be making any kind of move on her before quite some time. So in the meanwhile, I'm getting to know her better and wait for (if ever) the right time, and I have plenty of time on my hands to sort out my own issues, which is not exactly a pleasent thing to do - too many trips down Memory Lane which brings back memories of my past which I buried alive a long time ago.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I ALWAYS used to get shelved in the friendzone. Or in the "long-term boyfriend" zone. God, I hated it when the girls was hanging out with before I left used to bring up the fact that I was with my ex for over 5years after I'd EXPLICITLY STATED that I was leaving the country for a year in a couple of months. Like they were going to get the same deal or something :|

Also, what is with girls and the quasi-boyfriend status? As I have grown so accustomed to saying recently "It really is just a yes or no question, you know". You have one or you don't. "We kid of are but are taking some kind of break right now because I'm in Spain. But I really love him" type answers seem to be the staple around here.

I read that last one as a no btw.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Oh my. My girlfriend just broke up with me... I am not feeling so well.

5. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Well gee, there's a gigantic surprise.

... wait, wasn't pretty literally half the boards saying bad things will happen five pages back?

6. Disciple of The Watch

LMAO, I shouldn't laugh... but this is absolutely PRICELESS!

Well, here comes the "We told you so" part, I suppose.

As for here, not much new. I'm doing three shift cuts with the very same chick who got under my skin. And this week's schedule is supposed to be permanant, so methinks I'll be seeing her *a lot*. You'll get no arguments fro me.

It's mental torture to know she's within my grasp and yet I can't touch her, hold her tight, and the rest of the romantic gibberish I usually spout when a chick has gotten under my skin.

I'm guessing that the DotW and the Taken Chick Magnet are two separate entities.

If things turn out to be crap with this one (if something ever happens that is), I think the Taken Chick Magnet might finally get the upper hand in the power struggle and proceed to take over.

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Sympathies to you, Saber. If you thought it was worth trying as hard as you did for it to work out... then it not working doesn't feel good.

I would say that you have no idea, BUT apparently you do :grin: You have no clue how much I hate this, or at least find it incurably irritating.

8. Saber

Haha, thanks for the kind feelings Taza and DotW.

I mean, I predicted it would come (I thought November though :p) too, but it sucks now that it has. It didn't have to do with the open relationship thing, I mean, there isn't another guy (that I am aware of... I hope there isn't another guy), she just said that her romantic feelings for me left her and all that is left is her love as a best friend.

Hasn't really hit me yet how much I lost.

9. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Here's a hint: You haven't lost anything you would be worse off without.

And a second one: Don't count on the "let's stay friends" - it just doesn't work most of the time.

And a third one: Vodka.

10. Disciple of The Watch

"Let's stay friends" is BS.

11. Saber

It wasn't quite phrased as that... but we will see. It truly seems like she wants to, but I don't know how it will work out.

Taza, I like your third hint the best.

12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I'm not as convinced as the others here that the 'just friends' can't happen. It can, I guess I just haven't had as many negative experiences as them there.

Remember... When used separately, women and alcohol can be a lot of fun. But if you mix them, they can turn you into a dumbass.

So when following hint #3 avoid company... but I would like to suggest orange juice to accompany you here.

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Ah, to be an idealist again...

Just friends can happen. Just friends even though one of you fancies the other, and the other knows it? Not likely.

It's one of these things you learn over the years :geezer: ;)

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not really.. it depends on the person.

15. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

It's not that rare really (well here it is :p), I won't say its more common than not, but it isn't rare. Sometimes there is lingering attraction, sometimes there is not, but in either case it is established by one or either parties that just friendship is for the best. This tends to happen the most after some time has passed, or a mutual break-up (though neither is the case here), but can still be immediate.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Argh, either she really likes me and does her best not to let me know by playing the cold shoulder game, or either she [censored] hates me and pretty much sucks at not showing it.

Fine - want to play the cold shoulder game? It's a game of two, darlin, and I got an impressive background in it.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Haha, I remember one case in particular where I had that going on DotW... She [censored] hated me :p

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  18. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Here's to the next 33 pages of pointless, whiny, mildly misogynistic epic-fail. :rolleyes:

19. Disciple of The Watch

I'm suspecting exactly that with this one. No skin off my back if she hates me. I have a feeling that reciprocating the cold shoulder game will give me the answer I'm looking for fairly soon. Whatever the outcome, it will be the balance tipping either for good old DotW for the Taken Chick Magnet in their eternal battle for dominance.

20. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Oddly enough, I'm still friends with most of my exes... as a matter of fact, got a pen&paper game starting up with one on the near future.

Both my current boyfriend and I are under killer amounts of stress, and it's showing... we're getting snappish with each other a lot. Luckily, since we both know that the stress is from outside sources, we're both keeping our cool just enough not to get into fights over nothing, but man, it's hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.