1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Some of the realities of High Speed are starting to sink in--I have to get rid of as much off my hard drive as I can to make room for the new stuff. Fortunately there's a 250 GB Hard drive for Stuff I want to keep...

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Honestly I think it would be hard to make them taste WORSE then they sound :p

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Sounds like a heart attack....but like I've said before, if you can feel your arteries clog up as you eat it, it *must* be good! :p :rolling:

4. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    The Magister: I must get you some, someday. :p

You'd be right at home in my family, Kit. :shake:

Almost everything my grandma makes invokes that feeling. And the stuff *does* taste good. :p

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Don't you just hate running around for 15 minutes looking for your smokes, only to find out they were in your frickin' pocket all along :doh:!

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I thought that was part of the definition of what makes a grandma :D

I don't smoke so I never have this problem :p
    Happens to me with just about everything else though...

7. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, howdy, strangers.
    I still ain't dead though every computer I own or have access to has been.
    OTOH, with any luck I'm on vacation in a couple of days.
    I am at work on my newly resuscitated computer and taking a break from budget preparation :rolleyes: to wave :wave: at all my SP friends I haven't spoken to in a long long time.
    Life is complicated when you're a :geezer: earning a living.
    But, I still care. Really. And one of these days you'll be inundated with drivel from me again.
    ION: fall is arriving in East Tennessee with much beautiful color in the trees. Looks like a good year for leaf peeping.
    Keep on babbling without me, lads and lasses.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I got 320GB of unallowed space on my 500GB. Add to that about ~25GB on my other HD... space ain't a problem.

Yes.

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think tonight I'm going to gather some of my mint plants and have a nice hot mint bath. That and a book and I'm set.

10. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I have 40GB of hard drive space on my ol' desktop... I rule.

Oh and as for the looking for things; I've been known to search for my glasses while wearing them... Not smart.

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wouldn't worry about that Chicken - just about all of my friends and family who wear glasses have done that at least once in their life. The older you get, the worse it gets.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    This is one of the reasons I hate wearing contacts. I got out of the shower the other day, and as I was towling off, my eye went all fuzzy...after 10 minutes of looking all over for the contact, I gave up and went to bed. When I woke up, my eye was all red. It turns out, the contact had rolled up under my eyelid, and I couldn't feel it. :skeptic:

Note to self - if it belongs on/in your face, that's the first place you should look. :doh: :rolling:

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    It's worse when you forget to take them off before you get in the shower :hahaerr:

Additional, I used to have a 30G HDD. Then I blew up my computer (...literally. There was smoke and everything) and got a new HDD. With 300G :)

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    New of the Day.

Barmy Army has posted in Creative Surge.

Other news- none

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

With all the time I spend surfing, I wonder how I ever played games? That's right, I gave up sleep...

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Holey-moley Batman! Thiis...coommputerr...iiss...sslooww.

As a customer, I'm not too pleased about everything our library system does. As a worker, I'm not complaining. So changes the perspective...

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I really haven't accomplished much today. I really ought to have accomplished much today.

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Decados: There's always tomorrow.

Congrats to Barmy. Nice job, keep writing. :thumb:

Speaking of computers, for five years I had a 4GB hard disk (Pentium 1) and thought that to be a lot of space. When the new computer arrived, it had 80GB and I had thought it excessive - how naive of me. There is no such thing as too much free space.
    Although, I must admit that 300, 400 or more GB are still huge numbers for me. Power of habit. :p

19. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I really shouldn't recognise these sentiments.

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

All I've accomplished is stressing out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.