1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gods In BG2?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by FeetOfClay, Sep 30, 2008.

1. FeetOfClay Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm trying to compile the list of gods who are mentioned or who appear in BG2. I'm not sure if the things the gods preside over are correct, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Bhaal - God Of Murder (DEAD)
    Waukeen - Goddess of Trade (MISSING)
    Cyric - God of Lies (Took over Bhaal, I think)
    Mystra - Goddess of Magic
    Mask - God of Theives
    Talos - God of Storms
    Lathander - God of Light and Peace
    Helm - God of sentinels/vigil
    Lloth - Goddess of spiders? and drow
    Shar- Goddess of the Night
    Tempus - God of war
    Tyr - God of Justice (Saerileth mod)
    Rilifane - God of elves?
    Oghma - God of knowledge
    Illmater - God of suffering and endurance
    Umberlee - Goddess of the sea
    Talona - Goddess of poison (Mazzy's quest, where the cleric is a follower of Talona)
    Baervan Wildwanderer - God of forests
    Arvoreen - Goddess of defense

Are there anymore in BG2?

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Torm

IIRC mentioned by Keldorn. Ah, oh yeas, it was "Torm take thee!" Critical strike shout, was it, or am I just imagining things again?

3. Phearlock Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Eilistraee, aka. Lady Silverhair. (Godess of song, swordwork, hunting, the moon and beauty)

The usual godess of non-evil Drow. Mentioned in the unmodded version by Solaufein in Ust Natha. And more extensively in the respective Solaufein mod.

4. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Amaunator? You even encounter an Avatar of his. As far as I remember, he used to be the God of the Sun and Law. Lawful Neutral I think.

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    There is a rather comprehensive list on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Forgotten_Realms_deities

You can find articles on some gods like Amaunator, it says there that this deity is LN "An ancient Netherese deity of order and the sun, Amaunator was also revered as the patron of law and time." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaunator

6. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Kobold god Kurtulmak is mentioned in Spellhold, and also his avatar appears there.

In Ust Natha, you might have to fight Ghaunadaur (drow god of ooze and other slimy things) worshippers.

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I remember seeing a tribute statue for Kelemvor (God of the Dead) in the Graveyard District.

8. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Isn't Keldorn just a Paladin of Torm?

.. and Judge of the Damned, Lawful Neutral correct? Just trivia :)

9. Fly2tHeSkY

I thought he was a Paladin of Helm? Even though Helm is a Neutral diety yes?

10. Caradhras

Media:
    Helm is LN but Keldorn is definitely a Paladin of Torm.

In IWD2 you can choose between Helm, Mystra and Ilmater and in NWN you can pick the Champion of Torm prestige class.

There is a mod somewhere that gives Keldorn a Paladin of Torm kit.

11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The priests who want to burn Viconia at the stake are followers of Beshaba.

12. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bane - God of Strife, Hatred, and Tyranny. Dead during BG2. He was mentioned as having enchanted the Saving Grace shield for his priests.
    Sune - Goddess of Love and Beauty. The kitchen maid in Spellhold's brothel mentions that Sune would disapprove of the treatment of Claire by the local madame.
    Sekolah - The Shark Father. Patron of the Sahuagin.
    Silvanus - The Oak Father. Patron of druids who protect wilderness. Occassionally used in curses by Jaheira. ;)
    Moradin - The Soul Forger. The primary dwarven deity. Mentioned by Cromwell before he re-assembles Crom Faeyr.
    Auril - Goddess of cold and winter. She gifted the Boots of the North to their original bearer so he could take revenge on the comrades who abandoned him.

13. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

This guy Kivan (I know he's mod) mentions a god...
    And what about Miekli (sp?)

14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Arvoreen's gender is a pretty big question. I think Mazzy refers to him as a her sometimes. In 3E, however, he's definitely a guy.

But, well, BG2 is 2E, so maybe he underwent an operation somewhere between the editions.

Incidentally, what's the reason for creating this list?

15. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

16. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Garl Glittergold - I dont know what this is, I just remember at some temple or something someone says "you are welcome here in Garl Glitterogold's sight."
    Kurtulmak - Kobold God (spellhold)

17. Fly2tHeSkY

Pretty sure Garl Glittergold is a gnomish God yes??

18. Caradhras

Media:
    At the Friendly Arm.

Yes.

19. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Garl's name is also heard in Gullykin AFAIK

Admin: why can't I qoute qoutes?

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's the way the board works to prevent excessive nested quotes. I think it can still be done manually, just not via the Quote button.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.