1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

playtesters needed for new mod "Keeping Yoshimo"

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Lemernis, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Lemernis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

We need playetesters for the alpha version of a new SoA/ToB mod called "Keeping Yoshimo."

In a nutshell, the mod

* allows players to keep Yoshimo for the entire saga
    * adds dialogue re: Yoshi's betrayal of the PC (his spying b/c Irenicus' Geas)
    * adds an entirely new subplot for Yoshi with dialgoues and an encounter
    * adds a Tree of Life dialogue for Yoshi

This is what we have so far for v.1. Mainly, at this stage what we're ready to test is the coding to keep him throughout the saga. We have quite a bit more content in the works fpr v.2, but right now want to get the most basic stuff in good working order.

You can download the latest version from this thread at Spellhold Studios. Please report bugs and comment in that thread.

For those who have always wanted to have this option I think you will not be disappointed. It really is great fun to keep him for the saga. When I first did this (via use of a variable and a game editor, prior to the creation of this mod) Yoshi reached level 38 and became a backstabbing juggernaut.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. Lemernis Gems: 2/31

Moderator, you may wish to change the thread title to "playtesters needed for new mod (spoiler alert for new players)"

We now have a forum for this mod at Gibberlings 3 so please post bug reports and comments there. You'll soon find the mod available for download in our G3 forum 'workroom', but until it's there you can get it from the the SHS link above.

If you do have time and interest in playtesting this mod, please check in at the G3 forum and we'll give you access to the workroom.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  3. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I suppose this mod is ToB compatible since you posted in the ToB forum, correct?

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I think that's what the mod does:

I always liked Yoshi, but I already have a game to finish (start over). I'm interested though and I do hope the voicing will be consistent (there may be enough sound files to avoid turning him into a silent NPC or avoid adding a new voice set which couldn't compete with the original). I usually keep him in my party until I reach Brynnlaw and let him betray me. Poor guy, he never even had a chance with the geas.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Lemernis, you can edit thread titles by clicking on the "Go Advanced" option in quick edit mode. But after 8 years since the game's release, we don't really keep spoilers out of thread titles any more.

6. Lemernis Gems: 2/31

Thanks Tal, I'll leave it as is then. :)

Yes, the mod does allow you to keep Yoshimo in ToB.

He's not going to have any new voice acting, just dialogues.

In terms of the mod's dialogues, I hope we did a reasonably good job at capturing his personality. Each player develops his or her own individual mental template of the NPCs. Any new dialogue for them can't possibly satisfy everyone. So the dialogue is mostly story-driven concerning the new subplot.

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Well, I for one am interested in the mod. I would offer to help playtest just now, but I'm currently going through with a character from Tutu. While I'm taking things slowly and so do not expect to be finished particularly soon, if I do complete that run sooner than expected, I may offer my services, such as they are. Regardless, I'll keep an eye out for more news.

8. Lemernis Gems: 2/31

Just a caution to players that this is an open Alpha test, and it would be wisest for anyone kind enough to help us playtest at this stage to run a separate game with this mod installed strictly for the purposes of helping us getting it working. We would advise players against adding this mod in its Alpha state to a run-through SoA/ToB in which the player wants to enjoy a bug-free gaming experience.

Edit:

Honestly, it's probably best to wait until we offer a beta test, as there's lots of bugs to be worked out yet. Again, though, if anyone wants to help us alpha test please post at the forum and we'll give you access to the workroom. I'll post again when we're at the beta testing stage.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.