1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Balle: It was just recently when High speed came to the area, but the company talking the best deal is under yet another delay in being able to provide the service.

2. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

gnarff? and no DSL or ISDN or anything?

i was just very surprised that anyone is still using a dial-up modem not in 3rd world countries or something

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I had dial-up until about 8 months ago at my house and that's not even the worst part... our ISP was AOL! :mommy:

4. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

say what? i can't quite see how you would be able to survive...

and i can't quite grasp that some places are so milenial

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Three days of no computer access ending up in an exam I'll have to repeat in two weeks :(... and I seem to have missed out on some fun on the boards. Just my luck. :p

Floppy drives, VHS... Twilight Zone Thread :p

revmaf: "Summon Honey Golem?" In case of Polar bears use the variation: "Summon cans of sweetened milk powder".

DotW: Apprentice? Think independent companies with similar tools of trade. :p
    (Besides, my maniacal laughter is a joke.)
    Things exploding however...

6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Thanks for the spell advice, all.

Ah, internet access. At work I have rather slow DSL, but at least it's DSL. At home - you guessed it. Dial up. Can't quite afford the cost of DSL at home - there's only one local provider and they're milking the monopoly for all it's worth. Yes, in the good old U.S. of A., but remember I'm way back in the hills here, and I keep getting indignantly reminded by my telephone company that we're lucky to have telephones.:rolleyes:

Rainy off and on and oh so humid. September in East Tennessee. Also high pollen count, low air quality, wheeze city here.

OK, get through today and - I hope!! - Friday off! Whoo-hoo.

7. Corangrane Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

well, just popping in for a little random babbling ... i can't wait for friday. been a long week.

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    What's been happening here?

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Note to self: avoid drinking beer before, during, or after drinking stronger spirits.

What do you say on a 9/11 anniversary? My heart goes to all those who lost friends or family on that day, and I hope they are at peace - as much as can be - and provided for.

10. Gnarfflinger

One company got a grant to bring High speed to every citizen in the county, even the rural ones. One of the big companies moves in and serviced the villages, so the original company just did a half-assed job, and last fall could not guarantee us service. Another company had an information session, planning to start extending services early in 2008. Since then it's been one delay after another, and we're still waiting. A third company sent out flyers, but for now we're waiting on the one that's delayed because they offer the best deal...

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm sure that eventually it will happen. Who knows when eventually will be.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Screw beer!

I saw a couple of more nutjobs at work those last two days - one of them offered me coke, bought two Red Bulls and gave me one. Since he insisted, I took the Red Bull (it was a loooooooong and boooooooooring night), but told him to keep his dope. Oh yeah, and there was this other dude who was frantically looking for aluminum foil from a pack of cigarettes to craft an artisanal bong out of a 591ML bottle of Pepsi. I had just bought a pack of Cherry Vendettas, so I gave him the foil he wanted, and he came back maybe 20 minutes later and asked me if I wanted a few tokes. Thanks but no thanks.

*shrugs* This stuff is bound to happen since I'm working in a rather... weird neighborhood.

13. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Huh, at first I thought you meant coke as the beverage. Weird thing.

14. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Last night I was walking to go play some basketball and just at a stoplight two guys walking the other way stopped in the crosswalk next to me...

"Hey man, you smoke pot?"
    Me= "Naaaaah, not really."
    "Damn"

And they walked away into the twighlight.

15. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You know, given the price and danger associated with pot, you would think that users would tend to want to hoard the stuff and not share it -- I knew a guy when I was a teen, he was always offering me some of his weed after work. I always turned him down, obviously, but still, I always thought it was weird.

This is the guy who took a pill of unknown composition and had a fight with a garbage bag one night. It was entertaining to say that least.

16. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Same here.

Home alone (more or less) tomorrow... make that today. Midnight is a sneaky thing. :p

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Given my experience with the stuff I'd say that people like to share it because it is kind of a social drug. When I used to smoke pot I would almost always invite someone else to join (friends and acquaintances, not strangers). As far as "danger" goes ... it isn't anywhere near as dangerous as physically addictive substances such as cigarettes. In fact people are more willing to share a toke than a cigarette.

18. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Yeah it really isn't too dangerous compared to lots of things, so I'll agree with you there. But at the same time it does really baffle me how much it is shared with its cost.

19. Gnarfflinger

Just got started in an online Diplomacy tournament. I have England, and already 5 of the other 6 players haver said hi...

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Independent company? No no no, that won't do - don't want the two Puters' Bane going (barbed wire) head to (barbed wire) head, now do we?

Just give me a black suit with a black shirt, a big lavish chair and let me do the megalomaniac rants and laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.