1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dreams

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Aug 8, 2006.

1. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

So, Dfly, whats it mean when the little yellow dot AND the winged shark chase you in one dream?:confused:

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I do have an old book about dream interpretation. I bought it in a giant bookstore some five or six years ago (my ex at that time had a deep interest in dream analysis, so I bought it for the two of us), and it's a good tool, even though sometimes some meanings make me go "Hmm..." or I take a meaning with a grain of salt.

And you're absolutely right about the multiple layers of a dream and how by digging you can find all sort of stuff that's not always obvious. Some of my recent oddball dreams have been pretty difficult to make sense of, and there are pieces I still can't quite put together. Sometimes dream interpretation is like a jigsaw puzzle - you have a bunch of pieces, all representing something, and you've got to patch them together to form the while picture. But when it all comes together, one can learn a lot about themself. The human subconscious is a powerful thing, but it can only express itself only through dreams.

3. Alura Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I always have dreams, I can't always remember most of them, and they're almost always disturbing. *sigh*

Anyway I thought I'd add an old one, but one that actually pertains to D&D... (Most of mine don't sadly.)

One night right before bed, I was going through and reading some old D&D books (probably what triggered the dream or at least caused it to be D&D related). Specifically, I was reading one of the Planescape Monster Appendix Compendiums, flipping through the pages and, well, looking at all the monsters. Most of the time I fully read my D&D books, but with the Compendiums, I mostly just flip the pages around, reading the sections that interest me. This time though, I was trying to read more of it. My gaze stopped at the astral dreadnought. For some reason, I just kinda stopped and stared at the picture of it for a while, before I snapped out of it and read a little about it. But it was soon time to go to sleep before I could finish reading about it, but the thought of it lingered on while I laid on my bed. Then I quickly fell asleep.

The dream was in a school setting, couldn't quite tell if it was one of my actual schools though. It seemed half based on one and half made up from my mind. Besides the setting, not much else seemed important in the dream, just me wandering through a oddly empty school at dusk, I think. I remember going outside, to leave I assume, when an astral dreadnought came out of nowhere and, oddly enough, surprised the hell out of me. For some reason, I think my mind made it small to make more sense to me, I guess. It was nowhere near as huge as it should be, able to fit inside a school bus with a little difficulty with it's size. I don't remember much after me sighting it and freaking out though. I think I ran around the outside of the school for a while trying to avoid it, with it following closely behind me. Eventually, I stopped at a nearby parked school bus to catch my breath. It looked like it stopped following me, and after I heaved a sigh of relief, I peeked around the bus to see if everything was safe. Suddenly, it was right there, a few feet from my face, just smiling and staring at me for a few seconds while I was frozen in fear. Then it pulled back it's arm and impaled my chest with it's clawed hand. I can't remember much after that, but I think I died or got really close. It's just the last thing I saw was it's still smiling face as my vision faded to black...

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I had an unpleasant dream...

I was suffering from Schizophasia I was talking normally but everybody was just giving me strange looks and saying weird things back - I later realised they were repeating me trying to figure out wtf I was saying. Before I realised my speech was doolally, I went on the chatroom whining about everyone being weird to me and these two small children pestering me. Was really confused when what I typed wasn't what was on the screen. Words were literally changing as I typed them. Was like I had a form of Schizophasia affecting my READING ability which is impossible!

I was terrified something was wrong with my computer rather than me :lol: Alex was with me and he looked so worried he couldn't understand me and just kept giving me hugs (which was nice) but felt so isolating.

There were people visiting and they had two small children who kept running around my room, breaking my Warhammer, making loud noises, just to hear me shout funny things at them.

Also my Dark Elves had turqoise armour which looked really bizarre and I sat for ages wondering why on Earth I had done that...

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Another one with a huge storm. What is it with my dreams and tornados? The storm was on/over the sea, making huge water pillars....

At least this time there were beautiful old ships in the dream.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ Martaug -
    It probably means that you are stressed out by something and you don't know how to deal with it. What you have to figure out is what the yellow dot and the winged shark mean to you. How you dealt with them chasing you is also important. Did they disappear? Did you evade them? Did you wake up when they were still chasing you? Did you confront them?

It all ties together.

@ 8 -
    Actually, reading stuff in dreams is one of the things that you can use to become consciously aware that you are dreaming. When you read things in your dreams the words always change. You can also use the jumping technique. If you jump, and stay in the air a little too long then you can be sure that you are dreaming. The way you use these techniques is to try them often when you are awake. Ask yourself many times if you are dreaming and try reading something or hopping in the air. It might sound silly but if you do it often when you are awake then eventually you will ask yourself if you are dreaming WHEN you are dreaming. Once you consciously realize that you are dreaming you can do anything you want. That can be a real trip.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm a lucid dreamer anyway.

I have read in my dreams without words changing as well and know others who have quite easily, so doubt that snippet, personally.

I know when I'm dreaming and what I'm dreaming and can change what I'm dreaming whenever I want. That wasn't the case with the ones I've posted unless I've said I have.

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Had a nice and gruesome super"hero" sci-fi action movie dream. Or let's make that horror. An ugly fat git had this technology which allowed him jump gravity defying high-speed jumps. He was basically a government agent and I was the guy responsible for the satellite tracking system which helped him to navigate and which also...well, kept track of where he was since a small target moving in those velocities changing it's trajectories rapidly is pretty difficult to follow otherwise and even all these satellites weren't that reliable. So he had a videofeed from his goggles or eyes and all other sorts of things as well. Then there was the fact that the guy was a loose cannon, reliable only to be a psychotic killer. On top of that the whole thing was all hush-hush, and as in principle the speeds he was moving in made him almost undetectable to people with regular reflexes, eyesight and attentiveness/attention span, when he slowed down he basicly couldn't go unnoticed because of all the layers of fat and strange dermal condition which gave his skin the roughness of asphalt. Come to think of it it was quite a lot like skin cancer, all over his body, except that the cancerous growth made him almost invulnerable. His invulnerability was the reason he was given this high-speed tech. The machine itself was small, looking like a metal and chromium egg-timer with embedded LED-lights or somesuch. In any case the whole thing went very wrong. He stopped jumping across the apartment buildings, can't remember what the reason was, maybe there wasn't any. Maybe he got bored. He went into an apartment and there was a family inside. It was night. They were going to sleep. The grandmother, who lived with the family noticed this monster diseased looking monster of a man covered in high-tech military equipment, and yes guns as well. The granny shrieked. The guy, heck our guy, our agent started shooting. All I could do was watch through the video feed how he butchered the whole family and call the clean-up crew on his location and start getting there myself as well. There was nothing that anyone could've done and since the military'd invested huge amounts of money into the project it meant that the bastard would get away with it.

After I got to the scene of the crime everything went a little too wonky with teenagers wearing japanese nanotech mecha-battlesuits acting out like transformers on acid...

9. Dice

Media:
    @8 -
    Your lucky that you can do it so easily. In my experience the words don't change right away, usually after you go back and read it again. Those techniques I mentioned are useful for people who do not know how to lucid dream, but there are many many other techniques that a person can use if those don't work for them. Not everyone can become self aware in their dreams as easily as you can. :).

10. Disciple of The Watch

My last dream featured snow. Lots of it. It also involved me rear naked choking someone for I can't quite remember why. It also involved an obscure building I knew I had buisness into but somehow couldn't enter.

11. Dice

Media:
    Are you sure that you didn't accidently have the covers kicked off when you had that dream DoTW? - cold, butt naked and locked outside :lol: :roll:

12. Disciple of The Watch

Oh, don't let the name fool you - I wasn't naked. Rear naked choke is the name of a submission manuver in MMA (sometimes used in wrestling). The covers are irrelevent - I vent so much body head I don't even NEED covers, even in the middle of the winter.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Two more dreams -- in the same night, no less.

In the first one, I was basically lost in a city I didn't even knew. I assume it's in QC, since it was a French-speaking city. I bumped into a fairly nice gal which showed me around town, and I ended up spending the whole day with her, and, true to my chick magnet side, she fell for me. When the night came, she invited me to crash at her place, where we got buck nekkid, I carried her to the bedroom, and well, you know the rest. I went to shut the door for some privacy, and John Zandig was there. Yelled "CZ-F'N-W!" and promptly busted a light tube on my head. Phone woke me up.

Then, after rolling back to sleep, round two. I was involved with a chick and we both wanted to get married (In RL this would be a huge HELL NO), but we were both working in a field where relationships/marriage were forbidden - I'm guessing the Army or one of it's variants. Anyway, I ended up with my (dream) gf in a bigass LAN where she played Xbox 360 while I read the Satanic Bible. Then, she sat next to me, we cuddled, and she then came up with the idea of marrying LVS style, saying that since LVS marriages are not legally recognized, then the bosses would have nothing to say about it. I woke up at the part where I was setting up the ritual. Again, the damn phone woke me up.

I should remember to set the damn thing to "SILENCE ALL" prior to going to bed. Then I wouldn't snap out of my dreams.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  14. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I had a kind of a cool dream experience in that I was able to force myself awake from an unpleasant dream, even though in the dream I was not sure it was a dream. I just thought, maybe this is just a dream, I'll try to wake up and see if it works. In the dream I closed my eyes, concentrated, and raised my head. Lo and behold, I woke up, confused and disoriented, but sort of pleased.

15. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Alright I had a rather odd one... I died, but it didn't end. I was just walking down the sidewalk talking to somebody (can't remember who, but I think it was a friend) and a school bus (like yellow K-12 style) hit a large curb and was falling sideways towards me so that I would be crushed by the side. This is where things get fun; the bus slowed way down... well everything did, and I was expecting my life to flash before my eyes, but it didn't. Instead it left me with a few seconds of thinking and this in turn has me thinking in conscientiousness. I remember thinking that...

"You know what, this isn't that bad. I'm satisfied with how I've lived my life, and how I'll be remembered. Things like this just happen, and whatever happens after this will be OK... I'm ready to go."

Now that scares me. I'm satisfied with how I've lived my life and how I'll be remembered THUS FAR, but I have so much more living to do. If I were to die now I would not be able to just take it like, bad draw but I'm ready to go. I'd cling on for ever moment I could and fight until I was ready. Back to dream...

And so, the bus crushed me, and I died. Now death was also strange; it felt like I had a body lying down (like the shape of my actual one at the time... crumpled beneath a bus) and I started to float above the carnage. As much as I tried, I could not move my "body" so it seemed that I was destined to remain that position forever. Thing is though- as I had to look down to see what was going on- my "body" was invisible, making me think it wasn't really there. So, I was trying to figure out why I felt like it was there, but was unable to shift or do ANYTHING with it.

Then I woke up.

:nuts:

16. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I had a weird dream involving two friends who are no longer in Edinburgh, my father booking flight tickets from my flat (which was, it has to be said, in exactly the same shape that I left it in yesterday night; that point alone made me think I wasn't dreaming), a boatload of people that I have never seen before in real life, a trip to Edinburgh airport (which in fact looked like a mix of Frankfurt and Schipol) to have a nice cup of coffee with everyone involved (everyone got along well, which is surprising considering some of them don't speak the same language in real life...). And while at the airport one of the two friends and I found a massive hole in one of the walls, complained to BAA (the company that in real life manages Edinburgh airport) and told them that a young child might get into it and get lost between the walls of the building if they don't repair it soon! Then I woke up shaking my head :shake:

17. Disciple of The Watch

I had a dream in which people were baking a batch of cookies and the recipe involved flesh from a corpse. Disturbing.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Had a pretty cool dream. I was dressed up in a suit (fully black of course) with a bigass Guantanamera (a Cuban) cigar. I was walking in the street when I bumped into an ex of mine. With no explaination, I slapped the hell out of her. Kept walking, then bumped into a different ex. Also slapped the hell out of her. Repeat six or seven times.

19. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Someone is frustrated or watching too many mafia films :p
    Or both! ;)

My dreams have been getting progressively weirder. I believe my medication has been catching up with me on that regard :lol:

Last night I was a Norn Queen. I don't even know what they look like! Maybe it's a hint I need to paint more Tyranids or get eaten :o

Also dreamt I was a model on a... specific type of website to get more money. Considering I'm on my last £50 that better not be an option! What's weirder is some of my friends were doing the same thing... :mommy:

20. nunsbane

nunsbane

My brother (and housemate) has been taking prescription Chantix lately so as to stop smoking. The label warns that vivid dreams are a side-effect of the treatment. The other morning when I was walking down the hallway, at 4 a.m., toward the kitchen and coffee pot my brother was having a very realistic dream that someone had broken into the house.....my heavy footfalls alerted him to a semi-conscious state and he called out: who's there!? I said nothing and kept walking. He heard my continued footsteps and yelled: HEY!, YOU'RE DEAD!!. At that point I said: Whoa! It's Mark!, I just want coffee! He came to and realized he had been in a semi-dream state.

He's littler than myself, but I would choose not to tangle with him considering that he was convinced that I was intruding into a residence where his wife and child were sleeping.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.