1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Viconia's drow lines.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Elfen Lied, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

I was wondering if anyone had the text versions of Viconia's lines where she speaks Drow.

Particularily here most common ones, I figured most of them out, but it more the longer lines were she subs in a few words that I am after.

Not sure on what the exact wording is but it's something along the lines of "no, no jala plynn jow" and her other line that intrigues me is something along the lines of "....Plynn dos, you worthless excuse for an aber"

If anyone has what those lines are suppose to be I would greatly appreiciate it. Seems google was not my friend today, so I though I'd try here.

2. Danilus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I cant remember the drow lines that she says off the top of my head but you could try using Infinity Explorer and searching the dialog scripts on what she says in the enitre game and take it from there. :)

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  4. Elfen Lied

I believe that has her NPC interaction Dialogs, while very good and helpful, and I am grateful for you help, I was more interested in her "voice set" lines. I think they might be her "rare select" sound files.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Turn subtitles on? It shows them in the window at the bottom...

Oloth plyn dos means Darkness take you.

Could probably remember what the others were off the top off my head if I saw them again, I used to know a fair bit of drow and am writing in it again recently :lol:

6. Elfen Lied

Thanks. That sounds like the first part of that line. Thanks.

I'll give that a try, I think I have a game with Viconia in it somewhere, if not I have one in which I am close to picking her up, So I will try that.

EDIT...

Yeah must be her rare select sound files. I couldn't see to trigger them.

Sound files XXXXXXXx.wav and XXXXXXXy.wav. If memory serves. Pretty sure those two are the rare select ones.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    There's some online drow translators around.
    Rare sound files in BG2 are activated by walking people around a lot. It's also in BG2, but in ToB it's much easier to reach them. Turn on "Always" for command sounds in options. Viccy's two lines are:
    "Oloth plyn!"
    and
    "I serve Shar above all others, but...I will remain with you, for now."

I only know the meaning of Viconia's Critical Miss quote ("Vi'thos!") but I'm too polite to type it up on here. :p

8. Elfen Lied

Yeah I got that I serve Shar above all others... line by walking her around.

I still couldn't get the drow lines to trigger though. The only time I have heard them was during Character creation and I was playing the viconia voice set. Which is hard to make out over the loud background music, epic though it may be.

Oloth plyn dos you worthless excuse for an abbil

Abbil is comrade, and it sounds somewhat like what I thought the line was aber. The only other word I could find was abyl, and that didn't make sense considering the meaning of abyl and didn't sound right.

Though I have noticed the odd one of viconia's drow lines or words do not watch quite right, from what I have seen in online dictionaries.

At one point she says Waela instead of Wael, Waela is foolish, Wael is fool.

---------- Added 23 hours, 46 minutes and 18 seconds later... ----------

Found what the other line was. She says it in while she is one the pyre when you first met her.

No! Nau!! Oloth plynn d'jal!!

"Darkness take (or seize) all of you"

Not entirely sure why said line appears in her voice set.

That still leaves the word at the end of the other line. It sounded like "aber", but I couldn't be sure with the music playing, and no word close to that was in any online dictionary I could find.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Maybe it's abbil?

10. Elfen Lied

Probably is. Sounds more like the words ends with ber or beer or bear, rather than bil.

No I think I am just pronouncing the word incorrectly when I see it written down.

Was sort of pronouncing in ab bill when I think it should be more like ab beil. Which would pretty much make it it the word I was after.

And it makes. Abbil is friend of comrade.

Thanks for the help guys.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.