1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Monk Problem

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Technogoat, Feb 18, 2007.

1. The Technogoat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi guys.

For some reason my level 10 Monk has lost his innate haste. As far as I can tell he hasn't been cursed / level drained / whatever, and I've tried dropping all his equipment etc., but he's still as slow as my other characters. Any ideas how to remedy this (spells, changing a flag, anything)?

Cheers in advance

P.S. If it's any help, I think this happened as I was entering the dungeon at the Temple Ruins.

EDIT: I haven't installed the patch yet, as I noticed it mentioned the fact that Monks became somewhat powered down. As I'm thoroughly enjoying the amount of carnage my Monk's dishing out I'm a little reluctant to install the patch. Exactly how does the Monk become weakened by the patch?

2. OTG Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Free action?

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    You could always go to a temple and try a dispel magic, remove curse and restoration. It might be a possibility that some spell effect has stuck to your monk even if it should have worn out...

4. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

If you have the cheat keys active, try CTRL+R on him.

5. The Technogoat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks for the replies. No joy, unfortunately. I reckon installing the patch might help but, as mentioned previously, I'd like to know how it affects the Monk class.

If all else fails, I'll just give him the Boots of Speed or something...

6. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I didn't think it does. Also, failing to install the patch will most likely screw up your game big time, what with the whole "critical NPC's won't talk to you" bug you can get.

7. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

the most serious downgrade on the monks power from the patch that I can remember was that the monk lost his extra attacks with traditional weapons. No more 4 attacks per round with a katana or 5 with a throwing dagger.

8. Sparkling_Star Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

As I encountered this problem myself here are the answer.
    In Baldur's Gate 2 SoA TWO SPELLS you should NOT USE on those two(monk and barbarian) and these are Free Action and Remove Paralysis.

In the first case with free action the problem might get resolved by a removing curse or restoration(or another spells I dont know). In the second case ( Remove Paralysis ) the ability is lost forever.

Also...it seems that Throne of Bhall fix this problem as after I install it my monk retain the fast movement after casting this spells on him.Same with the barbarian. Happy balduring!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.