1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who was worse - The Clinton or Bush Administration - and why?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by martaug, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:

Joacqin - It's an odd thing that there is not more outrage over what the Bushmen have done to this country. Just the amount of apology going on here should be a big tip-off that these are strange times. Nevertheless, the American people strongly disapprove of GWB: his polling is setting records for unpopularity and is as low, if not lower, than any modern president, including Carter and Nixon (Bill Clinton enjoyed double the popularity of GWB at the end of his term in office). It's not just the corruption but the monumental incompetence of these individuals that is so astounding. In the real world the Bushmen would have been fired and sent packing to a place where they could not do anymore damage. Also, I think there is almost a sense of helplessness among many that these guys can, and will do, whatever they want, or can get away with. There is almost no accountability at the moment.

The bright side: That magical day, Jan. 20, 2009, regardless of who wins the election in November, is not far off. Unwittingly, GWB has set the stage for what may be the most radical change in American politics since 1994, when the Repulbicans came into power with their much touted, but now failed, "Contract with America." Who would have thought that after 2004, a black Democrat and one of the most liberal senators would have a real chance at being elected? And with a full Democratic Congress? It will bring huge change.

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    At least Clinton did not export his problems so much, so the rest of the world can safely say give as a democrate.

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Considering that Bush used one of Hitler`s speeches, after 9/11 (the reichstag one, when telling the people the jews were responsible for the burning of that bulding), I am quite sure Clinton was a better man...

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'm pretty sure that if Bush had quoted Adolf Hitler in a positive light he would have lost all the support of even the most die-hard NeoCons. I'm also sure that it would have made the news, even here in the Great White North. Could you elaborate on when and how he "used Hitler's speech"?

5. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Thankfully, the Republicans have no good intentions.

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
  7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
  8. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ragusa, clinton was doing the same thing in '94 just look at his wiretap/warrant activites i listed in post #33.
    Also look at the hiring/firing practices under janet reno.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    No. This. Was. Unprecedented. In. It's. Throughness.

And you are kidding yourself if you insist otherwise.

Think of the hiring process for the CPA for rebuilding Iraq: Expertise not needed. Loyalty imperative.

Aha, Arabic speaker, expert for reconstructing ****ed up countries? Swell, now what are your views on Rowe vs. Wade? Oh. Marrried to a democrat? Yikes. Democrat yourself? Heavens! Did you vote for Bush? .... Too bad. I regret to have to tell you that you don't match our profile.

Such stories are legion.

The guy who rebuild the Iraqi Stock Exchange? One would expect a mature expert, 40s or mid-50s, experienced in banking and international work. They chose twenty-four-year-old Jay Hallen, a guy who worked on a commercial real-estate firm, and put him in charge. He certainly answered those questions right.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Can we just retitle this thread "Bush ***** Session"?

Edit: I guess we can't... how about "Bush Female Dog Session"?

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We don't generally put down threads because some people don't want to read or acknowledge what's being written in them. Constructive counter-arguments are more than welcome, however.

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

@T2Bruno: Nah, too suggestive. I still think most republicans have at least some limits ;)

Well, let's put it at "better president than either Gore or Kerry." We don't know what they would have done, but at least he got to the White House.

13. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    It pays to "own" the Supreme Court, I guess. IMO, Gore should have been prez and this counrty would have been much better off than it is at the moment. Much like T2, I have some opinions that are based on conjecture. But opnions judging the current prez, and the declining state of affairs regarding the country, are grounded in reality. Besides, what do Al Gore and John Kerry have to do with our current national situation? Let me answer that for you: Absolutely nothing.

Edit: John Kerry could be sharing this guy's "lethal dose" of reality:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25916299/

But he's not...Another one bites the dust....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  14. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Not meaning to cause problems, although I probably am...did we ever determine which Bush administration is in question?;)

Although I presume that popular opinion will always favor Clinton over Bush2, I think it's clear that William Jefferson's reputation has tarnished rather than burnished as time has passed. I think its become evident to everyone by now that Clinton squandered the Peace Dividend of the "Gay 90's". I remember clearly the feeling of prosperity and well being that came during that decade and his two terms in office, and now look back and see that it was predominately composed of smoke, mirrors and a mortgaged future.

btw, it's good to see the familiar cast of ne'er-do-wells still haunting SP!

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Gah! Who left the door unlocked?!?

:p

16. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Only if we can rename you 'guy who wants to salve his conscience by pretending Bush II really isn't that bad'. :p

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My conscience is just fine. I don't need any salve. I would vote for Bush over Gore and Kerry again.

18. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Scary.

19. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Kinda impressive, though. I struggle to imagine what Kerry or Gore could have done (given, say, the Republican congress Bush has had most of his mandate) to deserve such a vote.

20. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Ah, order the EPA to start regulating all CO2 emissions 4+ years ago? By the way, this could include you and me. Either way, we're talking about a massive blow to an ecomony that couldn't take it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.