1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New SP Affiliation - ThinkGeek!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I've had putting the link to ThinkGeek up on the to-do for more than 2 months now, but recently got reminded that it still wasn't done, so here it is. You can find the link on top of every message board page, next to the Newegg link.

If you're not familiar with ThinkGeek yet, I suggest you click the link and see for yourself. In a nutshell, TG is every geek's (or at least geek at heart's) best store to get literally thousands of cool, geeky, or just plain fun items which you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere else.

If you're already a ThinkGeek customer, please start shopping via the SP link in the future - this way we get a small commission for every item you buy and you get to support the site at no cost to yourself. If you haven't bought anything from ThinkGeek yet, well, I bet you'll be tempted soon enough. ;)

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lol, there's some pretty cool looking gadgety things on there!

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Great! What a nice idea. I think I know the site.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    How much are those geeks giving SP per purchase? :hmm:

Good site though...I usually waste hours there just looking at stuff. :rolling:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think around 5%... which is very decent compared to Newegg's measly 1-2%.

6. Kitrax

Media:
    Yeah...but when I buy stuff from Newegg it's generally between $200 - $2000. If we ever get the 52" HDTV we want, I'll probably get it off of Newegg as well...that 1-2% return on a $2500 purchase is a lot better than a 5% return on a $50 purchase.

I've just got to remember to use the SP links. :idea: :rolling:

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

8. Taluntain

Media:
    True enough, the only problem is the frequency and amount of buying done via our link. :shake:

I saw that one a few months back too, seemed like a great idea. Would make a great gift too.

9. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Nice. I've always liked complicated-yet-fairly-useless-and-above-all-fun items commonly known as gadgets...:p

No, seriously. Some of this stuff is great... and useful.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I would have stopped at "great". :p

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Too bad they can't ship Jolt outside the US - SP would make a fortune off of my Jolt purchases.

12. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    In a rational state of mind, me too.

But with four microbiology books on the table, and rain outside - imagination works overtime...

Besides, I wasted years of my life on The Incredible Machine. :p

13. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I love that site, even when I don't intend to buy it's fun to browse.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Lord I covet those LED lights...

15. Kitrax

Media:
    I would love to have a model of an M1A1 Tank, similar to the one they have listed, just bigger, stronger/faster, with a powerfull Airsoft cannon, and an onboard video camera, that way you can control it from a computer or over the web without actually needing to be within sight of it. :evil: :rolling:

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I want some of that "Monkey Picked Tea"! Tea hand-picked by monkeys simply MUST be better than smelly old human picked tea.

17. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
  18. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'll have to keep that in mind next time I order something from there. :)

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Give me a shout when you do, apparently no one has ordered anything yet... or it's not working properly. :bad:

20. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Will do. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.