1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bug: Boots of Idiot Removal +5 from BoM Item Pack

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bahir the Red, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Hey everyone,

I'm doing a solo (so far) monk with a bunch of mods, and I just tried out the Boots of Idiot Removal +5 that you can buy from Tal. However, after testing them out I found that they do not give any bonus to damage, nor do they act as magical weapons. They do however give a bonus to THAC0.

I do not know if this is the right place to post this, but here we go *submits thread*

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    PMing the authors here and pointing them to this thread would be a good idea as they're not very active currently.

3. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hey!

I'm aware of the fact that these boots are buggy, and I had planned on including a fix in an upgrade a good while back. But I managed to finally fry my computer some 6 months ago or so, and haven't had access to a computer capable of playing baldur's gate or anything at all really since then.

I've finally gotten my act together and I'm assembling a new gaming rig at the moment. Have a problem with the cpu I got (A Intel Core 2 Duo 'Wolfdale' is not supposed to run idle at 80 degrees celcius and have a FSB at 2000MHz :p).

As soon as I get my new computer up and running (which might take a while since I have to send the cpu in to analyzis, then argue with them for a while to get them to repair it or replace it, then wait for the new one to arrive :( ) I will take a look at this.

5. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I just read about 1/5th of mods item list... oh my, it is joke right? It can't be used any serious player. Or did I miss something?

6. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

Well, for a monk, the boots could come in handy if you want to solo and kill something that needs +5 weapons to do it... And not everything is overpowered.

7. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A vast majority of the items contained in the pack are made by BoM regulars and thusly reflect what they think was needed in the game. And yes, some of them might even be a tad silly.
    Personally I don't think too much of it is overpwoered compared to the weaponry available in end-game SoA and ToB; but if you dislike the contents no one's forcing you to download the mod ;).

8. haze Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So, what do these boots do? Get rid of Anomen?

9. Anjo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hey, I didn't mean to be rude guys. Sorry if I offended somebody. I know many items from BoM-pack aren't too poverfull but when you add all of them to the game they make it significantly easier, but ofcourse that can be balanced by installing game hardening mod, or play solo like Bahir.

10. olimikrig

Media:
    No offence taken. Liking or disliking a module is all a matter of personal preferences.
    However I feel that I must add that if an item mods contents isn't at least competitive with what's currently in the game, then there isn't much reason to add them in the first place - imho that is.

11. olimikrig

Media:
    Oh totally forgot about the existence of this thread. Sorry! Anyways I've managed to fix the problem, and a working version of the boots will be to find once I'm done testing the last stuff and get around releasing version 2.1 of the mod.

12. Phearlock Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

That's nice, I still use that item pack for most of my playthroughs, though I haven't tried the boots yet. Hmm, might make a new monk someday I guess. =P

13. olimikrig

Media:
    I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! To be frank back when Mags, Malovae and I made the thing we had no idea whether anyone would ever want to download and play with this thing, especially considering that it to begin with just was a spin-off from a funny discussion we had about whether Tal was really a Pink Dragon plotting world domination and other evil schemes (I can't really recall how it all started, but it was pretty damn funny) :p.

14. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I think it all started with Bion in this thread, and snowballed in true internet fashion. Sort of like SP's equivalent of RickRolling, without the burning desire to stab the perpetrator in the face. :shake:

15. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Hehe I do remember. That thread was fun

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I installed it once. But when I got the boots, every time I tried to start the game, it kicked me out. :p

17. olimikrig

Media:
    Nutter :p.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.